TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Great News people (Westboro Baptist Church)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Great News people (Westboro Baptist Church)

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
FINALLY, some justice in this American judicial system.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307058,00.html


This is a lawsuit I fully agreed with. Glad he won, SO glad
post #2 of 17
What those people did was abhorrent.
post #3 of 17
What a terrible thing to do - picket someone's funeral. And signs that read things such as `God hates fags'?



Initially I thought $11 million was a bit rich, but not after reading the whole article. After that I just thought `GOOD'.
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva! View Post
Initially I thought $11 million was a bit rich, but not after reading the whole article. After that I just thought `GOOD'.
lol 11 million was to low. me and hmm well a group of other bikers friends, kept that group back from a funeral here a couple of years ago.
post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
Good for you Bruce, that's great. I heard bikers were doing that.
post #6 of 17
Yay!

I just saw this as well, and feel that justice has been done. It was completely ridiculous! I mean, it was abhorrent to protest at a funeral in the first place, but to chose our KIA soldiers' funerals, and to have the message that they died because God is angry at America for tolerating people being gay (which we do a questionable job of, anyway)...

It never made any sense to me at all. It wouldn't be any less cruel or repulsive if they were picketing gay people's funerals, but the "logic" made incomprehensible as well.

I can only hope they'll stop it already.
post #7 of 17
One of our chat show hosts Jeremy Kyle, who doesn't hold back on what he says to his guests does a live link interview with 3 of those morons and he takes them for a bone, so i can't wait to see that one when it's shown.
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
lol 11 million was to low. me and hmm well a group of other bikers friends, kept that group back from a funeral here a couple of years ago.
You're a Patriot Rider? Good for you, Bruce. I signed up, but fortunately haven't had to attend any funerals locally.
post #9 of 17
hm No, this was friend who brother was killed. It was just a group of bikers, some friends some from the hell angles.not that i am a member, i just happen to know a few people, they asked me if wanted to come along.

dont know, maybe i just look big and scary
post #10 of 17
Glad to see something was done. There's no excuse for anything like that.
post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
I read somewhere that after this judgement, Phlelp's daughter, who was in court at the time of the judgement, said they were going to continue to protest fallen soldiers funerals. Sicko's
post #12 of 17
That is good news! A funeral is not the place for picketing no matter who a person chooses to love. Churches can have their ridiculous views on the world, they just need to keep it to themselves.

Can't believe these people would even say disrespectful words like this:
"Church members believe that U.S. deaths in the war in Iraq are punishment for the nation's tolerance of homosexuality." "Church members routinely picket funerals of military personnel killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, carrying signs such as "Thank God for dead soldiers" and "God hates fags."
post #13 of 17
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/n...1-234c851a3f6a

So the civil judgment came down yesterday that they would have to pay for invading people's privacy because they protested Iraq war veterans funerals. I was listening to As it Happens last night and the father who won the case is encouraging other families to do the same.

To be quite honest, I never understood why Matthew Sheppard's mother didn't do the same thing. They came to her son's funeral forcing his friends to dress as angles to block the protesters.
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
To be quite honest, I never understood why Matthew Sheppard's mother didn't do the same thing. They came to her son's funeral forcing his friends to dress as angels to block the protesters.
To follow up with such a lawsuit takes a lot of effort because it is running straight up against a constitutional right. This will be in the courts for years while the "freedom of speech" arguments are held.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
To follow up with such a lawsuit takes a lot of effort because it is running straight up against a constitutional right. This will be in the courts for years while the "freedom of speech" arguments are held.
I can see your point.

Protests are okay if they are done in public areas (for example in a down town or a town square) because these are done on private property I think the families may have a leg to stand on. The church should have reviewed the law before they decided to protest funerals.
post #16 of 17
I think every person who had a funeral degraded by these idiots should sue. Maybe if they have to spend all their time and money on lawsuits they won't have time to go to anymore funerals. I had heard the father that won the suit was going to donate the money to some charity that helps military families. A little salt for that wound?
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
You're a Patriot Rider? Good for you, Bruce. I signed up, but fortunately haven't had to attend any funerals locally.
Good for both of you!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Great News people (Westboro Baptist Church)