Bagheera is missing.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she's something of a pariah, so she sometimes is scarce throughout the day.

Monday evening, I came home from work and started getting their food ready. After a little while of it thawing, I went out to check the water, and all of them came running, except Bagheera. I warmed up the water, let the food sit for a few more moments, and then called them all to dinner.. more specifically, called so that Baggs would come because the rest were already at my feet.

No Bagheera.

I put the food down. And I went searching for her. I searched every where she's known to hide. I opened up all the doors that are normally closed...nothing.

I opened up the basement, thinking maybe she got downstairs. Didn't see her. Now, granted, the basement is cluttered and there are tons of places to hide, but she didn't answer me. So I resorted to the never-fail tactic of getting out the noisy stick toys and walking through the house shaking them. No Bagheera.

So, about this time, my sister gets home. She's like.. who's missing? I said Baggs.. she starts helping me look... we can't find her. I've searched every cabinet, closet, closed door, appliance, drawer, chest, bed, covers, possible hiding place that I can think of, and ... still no Baggs.

So, we've deduced that she's either holed up somewhere in the house sick or, I guess at this point she'd probably be dead.

Or she's gotten outside somehow, without us seeing her go zipping past..

So I've been searching outside. I've left the downstairs door open in the hopes that she'll come in.. no luck yet.

I put posters up everywhere around here. No phone calls yet, but I just did that this morning.

I've called all the animal rescue and humane society and local vets. Nothing.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried opening a can of tuna???

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, not another TCS lost kitty!!! Ziggy went missing on Saturday, and the dreaded phonecall came on Monday

I really hope Bagheera comes home soon, safe and sound

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, thanks guys. I just have no idea where she is, and I don't know whether to hope that she's outside lost, or to hope that she didn't get outside.. which likely means that she's holed up somewhere sick if she's still alive.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't opened tuna. They don't know the sound of a can opening. I'm going to roast some chicken here in a bit and open windows, hoping that that will bring her out of hiding.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still no baggs.. I'm roasting chicken with the windows open. It's what brought her home last time, but honestly.. I just have a bad feeling about this.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys. Is this odd... I just sort of feel like.. searching is pointless. I've never felt that way before, but I honestly just have this certainty that she's not coming back, that something has happened to her.

How awful am I to feel such a feeling of doom about my cat.

Thanks for keeping my spirits up, guys. It helps a lot.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you check to see if you have a hole in your boxspring?? I had a cat hide in their once.

Try calling her tonite outside when its real quiet and take a flashlight to look for "eyes" to reflect in flashlight.

Sending you vibes for a safe return.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister has a box spring that has a hole, and I've searched that. Well, I looked in it, in addition, I've never seen her not come out when I shake the noisy toys.. and she's been missing for days, so ..I can't imagine that she's in the house, but we've looked everywhere.

I can't imagine that she got out, but we can't find her in the house. She was perfectly fine the last time we saw her, not sick, not acting strangely..

If anyone is Wiccan or Pagan and has the stuff to do a spell to bring her home safely, I'd be greatly appreciative..

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Hissy, I'll look over it, maybe it will give me some idea of where else I can look for her.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope that you can find Bagheera soon and hopefully she is safe and sound so that your mind may rest in peace.
Just don't give up because it will eat you up until you do. Do you remember the last place you saw her and what day and time? That may be a good place to start. Just try to back track to that day and see if you can remember any thing that might have happened to cause her to hide or run out.