Veggies

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've determined that Junior doesn't like vegetables (at least not what Merrick uses). I've tried 5 different flavors of the Merrick canned food and the only one Junior really liked was New England Boil, which is all seafood (whitefish, sardine, lobster, crab, shimp). The other 4 flavors all had "vegetable medley" in them and Junior really didn't care much for them. I thought for sure he'd like Surf & Turf (beef, salmon, lobster, shrimp, vegetable medley) and Southern Delight (chicken, catfish, crawfish, brown rice, vegetable medley) but he didn't.

I've read other posts on here where people have said their cat likes vegetables so now I'm curious. How many of you have cats which like vegetables? I know cats are strict carnivores so it stands to reason that most wouldn't care much for veggies.

Mez

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Most cats don't care for veggies, unless you count grass. I think some of the "natural" or "holistic" pet food companies add them mainly to appeal to humans. After all, veggies are good for us, so we tend to see them as a healthy addition to pet food too.

studio224

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't worry, most cats don't like vegetables, and since they don't need it anyway...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by momto3cats

Most cats don't care for veggies, unless you count grass. I think some of the "natural" or "holistic" pet food companies add them mainly to appeal to humans. After all, veggies are good for us, so we tend to see them as a healthy addition to pet food too.
.. in the wild veggies in a cat diet would be 3-5% and much of it from the stomach of prey ( often not eaten but ripped open for contents

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
To extend my question, how many of you have cats which like the various Merrick's canned food flavors which have the vegetable medley in them?

Mez

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats will not eat any canned food that has vegetables in it. My other cats will eat food with vegetables but will eat more of food without vegetables.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our two will only eat Merrick's - but none of the fish/seafood ones nor the Cowboy cookout. They will only eat Granny's Pot Pie and Thanksgiving Day Dinner. I've tried numerous other brands and flavours but have finally given in to their wishes.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zoey wont eat veggies ... Kandie loves peas and peppers..