EEEEEEEEE!!!! We're getting a new LUSH store inside our Macy's!!!!!!!! I'm on cloud 9

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soooooooooo deliriously happy right now!!!!! I was reading up on the LUSH site today- we're getting a brand new LUSH section in our local Macy's!!!!!!!
I'm a total Lushie!
My best friend went to the mall tonight to get some pants when she noticed the new section (she thinks it's opening tomorrow) and called me
She was like
"i know you'll appreciate that!" (lush is a cosmetics company that makes all their soaps from scratch, they don't test on animals, their stuff is mostly organic, and they don't use a lot of packaging to reduce their global foot print, etc their stuff is AWESOME!)

It's sooo convient too you guys! I get paid tomorrow- and after that i'm SOOOOO going to the new Lush!!!!!!!
I have a shopping list a mile long too! Before- i only ordered 1-2 times a year so now that we have one near us- i won't have to pay for shipping or have to wait!
Ya!!!!!!! I am soooo happy!!!!!!!
Anyone else LOVE Lush????

here's a link to their website! www.lush.com

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Macy's in the Mall of America is getting one too, I saw that on their website & was anxious to check it out
We're going up there the day after Thanksgiving so I'll have to remember to go in there.

I'm hoping that if its not too spendy, I'll be able to buy something & try it out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

The Macy's in the Mall of America is getting one too, I saw that on their website & was anxious to check it out
We're going up there the day after Thanksgiving so I'll have to remember to go in there.

I'm hoping that if its not too spendy, I'll be able to buy something & try it out!
Omg Kenzie!!! You're going to LOVE it!!!!! Their stuff is amazing!!!!!!!
They also have a lot of stuff that's REALLY gentle on the skin if you have psorasis or anything like that! Since i've been using their stuff my psorasis on my arms and my scalp is gone!
I LOVE it!!! And the stuff smells soooo yummy!

They're stuff is really not badly priced eithor! The soaps and shampoo bars last for ages. The bath bombs- some of them you can cut up into several pieces and get multiple uses out of. One bubble bar (solid version of bubble bath- try Bathos) i cut into 5 pieces and got lots of uses out of it!!! Ohhh you're gonna love it!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always hesitate to buy things like that because I have extremely sensitive skin, since I have eczema.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww no fair!! My closest one is about a 45 min train ride into the city =(

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You just reminded me that I need to go to Lush!

I know a couple that are traveling for a year to countries such as China, Japan, Bhutan, Kenya, so I think they will appreciate the soap bars.

But I gotta warn you, make sure you have plenty of money before you go to Lush. It is so easy to spend a lot there!
I am always there sniffing stuff and buying stuff one at a time, and the girls there know me well.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki...That's awesome...Our Macy's doesn't have it, but I just checked the website and the Macy's in Cincinnati is getting it...I can't wait...it's only like 80 miles from here...ROAD TRIP!!!!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm addicted to the facial salt scrub!

I'm still irritated by the fact that my bathtub carries a ring from one of the bath bombs!
They gave me all kinds of suggestions to get it out, but none worked. My tub is resurfaced, so I think it's a permanent stain.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I always hesitate to buy things like that because I have extremely sensitive skin, since I have eczema.
An even better reason to check them out! All of their stuff is preservative free- and 100% vegetarian- a large amount of it is vegan (please note i'm not eithor) - the good thing about that is they use all natural ingredients and they list everything- so you know exactly what you're buying/what might irritate your skin. Their Dream Cream is supposed to be fantastic for people with eczema!
I ordered some for my little nephew Isaac with my last order (poor thing has horrible eczema all over his little body) and it really helped improve things and clear it up a bit! A few of their soaps are supposedly good for that too! You may want to sign up for the forum's so you can ask around about the products that may be good for you!

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Aww no fair!! My closest one is about a 45 min train ride into the city =(
The one that is opening near me isn't in the Macy's just down the road from me (probably a good thing
) It's about 30 minutes away from my house depending on traffic- so that's good- i won't be tempted to go all the time due to gas, but will have it near if i want to go. Their mail order stuff is great too though!

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

You just reminded me that I need to go to Lush!

I know a couple that are traveling for a year to countries such as China, Japan, Bhutan, Kenya, so I think they will appreciate the soap bars.

But I gotta warn you, make sure you have plenty of money before you go to Lush. It is so easy to spend a lot there!
I am always there sniffing stuff and buying stuff one at a time, and the girls there know me well.
Don't forget about the solid shampoos too! The solids rock because when the airports limit the amount of liquids you can take in your carry on- the solids allow space for other toiletries!
(at least in the US its limited- not sure about elsewhere)

Girl- i have been saving up for the past two moths
- setting a little $ aside with each check just for my LUSH order i was planning to place- but now that there's a shop- i won't have to pay shipping! Even better!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Nikki...That's awesome...Our Macy's doesn't have it, but I just checked the website and the Macy's in Cincinnati is getting it...I can't wait...it's only like 80 miles from here...ROAD TRIP!!!!
Lush is definitely worth the roadtrip!

Originally Posted by clixpix

I'm addicted to the facial salt scrub!

I'm still irritated by the fact that my bathtub carries a ring from one of the bath bombs!
They gave me all kinds of suggestions to get it out, but none worked. My tub is resurfaced, so I think it's a permanent stain.
Oh wow, that stinks! Did you try using a Magic Eraser or Goof off??? The Goof Off will DEFINITELY take it out!
(you can get it at any hardware store or paint shop- when i painted my guest bathroom recently- it came in handy for tiny spills that got into my bathtub!) What bath bomb did that? Did you sock it (put it in a nylon)?

I've never tried their facial scrubs! I'll have to look into that! I've never used their facial products before- but some of the Fresh masks look great! What's your favorite?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Don't forget about the solid shampoos too! The solids rock because when the airports limit the amount of liquids you can take in your carry on- the solids allow space for other toiletries!
(at least in the US its limited- not sure about elsewhere)
Yeah, thats what I meant. Duh me! I am not having a good day.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

One of our local craft stores has just started making goatsmilk soaps with no added colours or scents. The owner told me they are very good for sensitive skin especially with eczema and pimples. I'm not sure if Lush have them, i do love lush, but they're a bit expensive for me =(.

The first product i ever bought from them was coal face http://lush.com.au/catalog/product_i...oducts_id=2330 and lemslip body butter (which doesn't seem to be on the site anymore). They didn't agrivate my skin, coal face is for your body though, not hands/face as as it an exfoliant. Lemslip was very buttery and gentle, like rubbing a fresh lemon on you without the sting.

I also bought mum Alkmaar soap. Just about 100% of soaps she's used make her itchy and she gets a bit red around her neck for some reason. We never found out what it was, but this soap didn't do it to her skin.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenzie- i just thought about this when i saw Dragoriana's suggestion- but this site is AWESOME too- they use goats milk in everything!

www.dionissoap.com -my hands get really dry/cracked sometimes- and their extra rich hand creams are the best stuff i've ever used on my hands! it may be helpfull for you! (i found my hand lotion at TJ Maxx)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nikki- have you ever considered working for Lush?!
Don't tempt me!!!! omg i would LOVE it as a second part time job, BUT the new store is not close to my house (about 30 mins away- so an hour round trip every day- could you imagine the gas $!). I also have a slight feeling it wouldn't pay as good as my current job and i would spend all of my money on their products
I would love working around all their yummy smelling stuff all day though- oh my goodness- it'd be like working in a garden of yummy things

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never heard of LUSH. I got a kick out of their perfumes "Honey, I washed the kids" and "Silky Underwear"
The closest store to me is 3 hours away.
Wish I could try them out (I don't like ordering things online unless I know I will like it).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm....something from them would make a good Christmas present for my Step-sister. I know she's been battling with her eczema lately. I guess it's so bad she wasn't able to work for a bit (hairdresser). We'll have to see how the Christmas budget shapes up here!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

Never heard of LUSH. I got a kick out of their perfumes "Honey, I washed the kids" and "Silky Underwear"
The closest store to me is 3 hours away.
Wish I could try them out (I don't like ordering things online unless I know I will like it).
Their names for their products always give me a good laugh when i read them too
soo clever
The Silky Underware scent you're talking about is one of my favorites- it's sooooooooooo good!!!
The Honey i washed the kids one is pretty decient too, but it's a little bland for me
Their stuff is yummy though! Lush is one of the few online websites i trust to order from -i'm careful about ordering things online too.

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Hmmm....something from them would make a good Christmas present for my Step-sister. I know she's been battling with her eczema lately. I guess it's so bad she wasn't able to work for a bit (hairdresser). We'll have to see how the Christmas budget shapes up here!
I'm thinking of ordering one lush thing a piece (like a nice soap or a bath bomb) for each of my sisters and their kids and i will make some homemade cookies/candies to go with it maybe. So that way i only spend about $5 a person on something they'll really like and the rest is kind of homemade and personal and will save me $. I dunno yet! I'm really looking foward to Christmas! I can't wait to decorate

Originally Posted by catcaregiver

I guess this just proves how un froo-froo I am. I saw this thread and said "what's Lush?".
Aw don't feel that way- i didn't know about Lush until a few months ago when some of the other lovely TCS members told me about it! I'm hooked now though