TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › seeing shadows
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

seeing shadows

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Last night I was down stairs watching TV and out of the corner of my eye I saw a black form move across the doorway at the top of the stairs!! I thought it was Popsie because it was low to the ground and he's black and white but I went upstairs to look and he wasn't around. He was on the upper floor sleeping.(I have a tri-level and I saw the shadow on the middle floor) I'm sure it was just a trick of vision but it was still creepy.
post #2 of 18
Do you wear glasses or have some vision problems?
I tend to see shadows out of the corners of my eyes too, sometimes it's a weird reflection from my glasses but more often than not it's just floaters.

Also, how many ghost shows have you been watching lately? It seems that in the last couple of weeks you keep progressively creeping yourself out more and more over little stuff that's very easily explained away.
The flameless candle for example, cheap wiring commonly does that. And as I explained, so do the very simple circuits that would be used in it.

The shadow could have been cast from something outside, car lights going through a window and making a moving shadow or the tv itself. Also when you stare at a bright light in a dark room it will fool your eyes into thinking shadows are moving as they readjust to the lower light level.

Until you can see it head on, can't explain it away at all, or it says "Hi there!", don't scare yourself.
post #3 of 18
Sometimes the lighting in a room can effect your perception and peripheral vision.
post #4 of 18
Eh...Don't worry. It was probably just a ghost...

Good night!
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by megagene View Post
Eh...Don't worry. It was probably just a ghost...

Good night!
Lmao. There is a special word for the "things" you see in the corner of your eye. Those shadows. My dad told me about it long ago. I forget now but it was about ghosts and such.
post #6 of 18
I see that stuff a lot too, not just at halloween time.

That's very interesting that it could be contacts reflecting...I never thought of that.
post #7 of 18
Ever read any Dean Koontz? He says those shadowy forms are some kind of psychic parasites that congregate wherever bad things are about to happen.

I don't believe it, but it's made for some good stories!
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
Ever read any Dean Koontz? He says those shadowy forms are some kind of psychic parasites that congregate wherever bad things are about to happen.

I don't believe it, but it's made for some good stories!
I used to freak myself out about that, but the majority of the time it is because you need a visit to the eye doc
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
Until you can see it head on, can't explain it away at all, or it says "Hi there!", don't scare yourself.
Awesome advice!

I agree, althought we wont get started on the things that I have not been able to explain away. . .

You are probably just seeing brain ghosts. . .

They arent really there but your brain begs to differ. . .
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere View Post
You are probably just seeing brain ghosts. . .

They arent really there but your brain begs to differ. . .
And do they also lurk amongst those annoying mental cobwebs?
...maybe they're the real cause of brain farts, too? (as my grandmother used to call them )
post #11 of 18
not far removed from . . .
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat1 View Post
Last night I was down stairs watching TV and out of the corner of my eye I saw a black form move across the doorway at the top of the stairs!! I thought it was Popsie because it was low to the ground and he's black and white but I went upstairs to look and he wasn't around. He was on the upper floor sleeping.(I have a tri-level and I saw the shadow on the middle floor) I'm sure it was just a trick of vision but it was still creepy.
Maybe you and your family are some kind of medians. You seem to have a lot of activity in your house.
post #13 of 18
its just the shadow people, they talk about them all the time on coast to coast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
its just the shadow people...
Ah, you beat me to it. Whether you believe in them or not, that's what they are called.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
Ever read any Dean Koontz? He says those shadowy forms are some kind of psychic parasites that congregate wherever bad things are about to happen.

I don't believe it, but it's made for some good stories!
Yep, his Odd Thomas series has these creatures.

For the OP, first thing I thought of was floaters, too.
post #16 of 18
Shadow people/figures are different from just little shadows seen out of the corner of your eye. I've never seen a shadow figure out of the corner of my eyes. It has always been straight on for several seconds to a minute with no possible explanation as to what caused a solid black, six foot shadow (or so) that light did not pass through.
You'll know without a doubt when you have those in your home.
post #17 of 18
I've found over time to trust myself when I think I've seen something out of the corner of eye. If I wait and watch, I usually can figure out what I saw. It can take a few minutes sometimes, but there is always something that caused the shadow. A tree branch, the mailman, the pets, all sorts of different things, no evil entity's so far though.
post #18 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
Ever read any Dean Koontz? He says those shadowy forms are some kind of psychic parasites that congregate wherever bad things are about to happen.

I don't believe it, but it's made for some good stories!
Yes, he writes about it in his Odd Thomas sereis(sp?) I forgot what he called them but it was creepy. I do see "shadows" at other times as well so I'm sure it's just an optical thing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › seeing shadows