Question of the Day - October 30th

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you ever been called for jury duty?

I was supposed to have it this week but they decided to not have to call a jury all week
I really wanted to go!!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've had jury duty many times and was chosen for a trial once.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only time I was called for Jury Duty was the same week my first husband died so my cousin the lawyer/Asst D.A. called in a favor and I have Never been called again. Although my husband who died in 1996 was called for Jury duty about 5 years ago here in KY and he's never even lived here...then we got a second letter saying they were going to arrest him for not showing up WTH

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Although my husband who died in 1996 was called for Jury duty about 5 years ago here in KY and he's never even lived here...then we got a second letter saying they were going to arrest him for not showing up WTH
Helen that's shocking!. Did you get in touch with them?

That's as bad as when the bank sent a cheque to my late husband, and actually made it addressed to him

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Helen that's shocking!. Did you get in touch with them?

That's as bad as when the bank sent a cheque to my late husband, made out to him!!
No we didn't tell them, it was their ignorance for not updating their records...David said let them call you, then you can give them the address to the cemetery and see how bad they feel then

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, but I had been ill the days before and thought I was doing better, but became ill while the lawyers were questioning potential jurors. The bailiff saw I was looking peaked and told the judge. He let me go home.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Called twice, but didn't have to go either time.
They sent me this 3 or 4 page paper to fill out and I'm guessing they passed me up based on my answers.
That was just fine with me, I didn't want to go any way.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been called 4 times. Each time made it into the jury box for questioning. Each time either the DA or the defense atty excused me. Guess I am not good juror material

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

No we didn't tell them, it was their ignorance for not updating their records...David said let them call you, then you can give them the address to the cemetery and see how bad they feel then
That is just awful! Gosh if they did contact you again, I'd say do just that!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I was just this past summer. I had to go in but the case was settled before picking the jury. And I got another jury app to fill out last month! So I might have to go again. Bring a book to read if you need to go in.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was put on a coroner's jury, to investigate the death of a man, shot by police, I really wanted to go, but I hurt my lower back and couldn't sit, I just really wanted to hear both sides.