Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

If you approve of the idea,
please pass it on to your
e-mail list.

lizsto1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our local radio station is doing "Postcards from home".

They delivered a huge box of beautiful postcard to have people fill out to send to the soldiers for the holidays.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby works there with the wounded soldiers, although they might be moving him soon. Most of the wounded there have their family in town as well, so saying best wishes to their family too can be nice since some of them are parents as well and being away from their family is hard for everyone.

Also think about handwriting a letter instead of typing it. Has anyone seen that forwarded email about the difference between typing and writing a letter to a soldier?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Also think about handwriting a letter instead of typing it. Has anyone seen that forwarded email about the difference between typing and writing a letter to a soldier?
I haven't seen that. If you have it can you PM it to me?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year, I came across a website where you could send an e-card to the troups, and even include personal messages. I'd like to do that again, if I happen to come across a website like that again..

But I agree: a personal hand-written greeting or letter is much more sentimental & heartfelt..

I think it's a great idea! They deserve something special for all they've done and continue to do..

~KK~

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I haven't seen that. If you have it can you PM it to me?
I don't have it anymore but it was almost like a poem and part of it talked about comparing someone who typed up a letter because they had to while a soldier wrote one in Iraq wrote a letter home in the midst of fire with whatever he had.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get.
I think that this would be good for Thanksgiving, as well!
A Great Idea!!!

When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, please include the following:
A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
&nbs p;Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

If you approve, please pass it on.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats a great idea.

There is also a site ( I will have to find it again...I used to send them all the time before switching comps) that you can pick a card design and a saying and then write to them...then it it is printed off and sent right from there. Anyone know what I am talking about?

I feel so bad for the guys (and ladies) that are still over there. They leave so much behind for us.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't someone post this a week or so ago?
Another thing, it's nicer to handwrite a card than printing it because it means so much more for the recipient that you took your time with the card.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by peachytoday

A letter or package addressed to "Any Wounded Soldier" will not be delivered by the post office and Walter Reed will not accept them. This is to ensure the well being of the staff and patients.

Please see this link from the Walter Reed Medical Center.

http://www.wramc.amedd.army.mil/List...rm.aspx?Id=25&
Thanks for this link! I sent it on to my friend who sent me the original link!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Sigh...a sad sign of our times: we can no longer send anonymous letters, cards, nor packages to our servicemen and servicewomen. Thanks, Osama Bin Laden.

(I believe this was in effect almost since the very begining of the Iraq War. I was a member of patriotic organization, and we had to send items through someone who had a relative serving.)

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I remember a post a while back about sending a card to a recovering soldier, and I wanted to send everyone in the right direction.
A mod can move this to the original post if you you want!
Helping a soldier

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Didn't I post that yet? Yikes! Sorry!

I had it pointed out to me when I passed on the OP. I'm sorry for forgetting.

It's really unfortunate though
I would like a way to do something nice and somewhat personal for one of the members of our military for the holidays!

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think I did. I think I kept forgetting with all the stuff going on with Dozer. It's not a big deal either way, it's information that people need to have.

The girl I know suggested making monetary donations to a military charity, but I'm thinking of making a donation to a charity that does care packages for the military.