"Spooky" Things Your Cat(s) Have Done

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's Halloween time, so we need some "spooky" cat stories!

I once had a cat (BuffPuff) who HAD to sleep on my feet every night: it was just his favorite place to sleep for some reason (which didn't bother me, b/c he kept my feet warm on those cold Wisconsin winter nights!
.) One night, I went out w/ some friends to have a few drinks, and somehow managed to get my foot caught in the barstool legs, and proceeded to fall on my butt and twist my ankle badly. After I went home and got into bed, BuffPuff jumped onto the bed as usual, and headed for my feet: I thought, "Oh no! Please don't lay on my feet - it hurts too much!" Well, he sat on the edge of the bed like he was thinking it over, and settled down on the edge of the bed instead: he didn't sleep on my feet after that, until I could handle having pressure on it again!

HOW DID HE KNOW??!!

I thought it was really spooky that he somehow knew I had hurt my foot, and shouldn't sleep on it again till it got better!

Do you have any "spooky" cat stories?

~KK~

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other day Whitey was staring intensly into the hallway. He did this for 5-10 minutes. even when I ran my hand in front of his face to break the trance he went back to staring.

I checked this out, but there wasn't anything that I could see there!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Limerick sat on one end of the room, and stared at the wall like something was there. It really freaked me out.

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Ziggy has been abducted by aliens. (she went missing yesterday)

Links stared at the computer desk earlier. Everything was turned off so there were no flashing lights on......

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ophelia will stalk & attack parts of a person's body as though there is something monstrous there.

Twitch will walk around yodeling for something...but there is never anything there. I do wonder if she hears phantom noises....or the way she's deaf she "hears" something that isn't there.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Twitch will walk around yodeling for something...but there is never anything there. I do wonder if she hears phantom noises....or the way she's deaf she "hears" something that isn't there.
Whitey does that (except he's not deaf). We just assume that he got lost in finding us...even if he just left the room that we both were in..

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sometimes Tiger stares into the hallway outside my bedroom door and his eyes get all wild-eyed and his tail gets really bushy!! Nothing I can see is ever there...makes the hair stand up on my arms though...

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
one time Monster was lookin at my bed all weird , he just kept staring at it. i picked him up and walked over to investigate, and he freaked out when we got to the bed, and scratched me up pretty bad trying to get away. he kept doin it, then he walked up to the bed and all of a sudden, jumped a mile, he was completly poofed out, every hair on his body was on end. when i tried to pick him up he freaked and hissed at me and ran. he had never hissed befre that and he hasn't hissed since. i think it was a ghost or something. animals have a sixth sense, they see alot of things that we cannot

lizsto1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

We just assume that he got lost in finding us...even if he just left the room that we both were in..
Our Tux used to do that. We would be in the other room and he would act as if he got lost and just meow. When we called him he would come running like he had not seen us for days!!!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KiTTYL0VE4

one time Monster was lookin at my bed all weird , he just kept staring at it. i picked him up and walked over to investigate, and he freaked out when we got to the bed, and scratched me up pretty bad trying to get away. he kept doin it, then he walked up to the bed and all of a sudden, jumped a mile, he was completly poofed out, every hair on his body was on end. when i tried to pick him up he freaked and hissed at me and ran. he had never hissed befre that and he hasn't hissed since. i think it was a ghost or something. animals have a sixth sense, they see alot of things that we cannot
Tiger does stuff like that too!

xoxolyn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm... next time your cat(s) stares at the wall you should take a picture of that area. Maybe you'll get something good

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mollie will occasionally stare at my bedroon doorway, when she is on the bed. I do think that the old gentleman who first owned my house stands in my bedroom door, since, when I first moved in two years ago, a voice woke me up during the night and I heard a man quite clearly, say "hello". Although I didn't seen anyone, I did "feel" his presence in the doorway.
Sometimes I smell cigarette smoke, although I don't smoke, nor did the previous owners.
And on a few other occasions, Mollie and I have "sensed" someone in the doorway - but, I call him "the old gentleman" because he never comes into my bedroom - and old, well, I live in a 55+ community!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mollie will occasionally stare at my bedroon doorway, when she is on the bed. I do think that the old gentleman who first owned my house stands in my bedroom door, since, when I first moved in two years ago, a voice woke me up during the night and I heard a man quite clearly, say "hello". Although I didn't seen anyone, I did "feel" his presence in the doorway.
Sometimes I smell cigarette smoke, although I don't smoke, nor did the previous owners.
And on a few other occasions, Mollie and I have "sensed" someone in the doorway - but, I call him "the old gentleman" because he never comes into my bedroom - and old, well, I live in a 55+ community!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Babygirl use to look at the wall or the ceiling with big eyes and tail swishing and that used to freak me out. Then what surpassed that was my 5 babies now. They can all be laying on the bed with me and all of the sudden all of their heads look to the right, they get the big eyes, tail swishing, then they all look to the ceiling in unison. Then they all look to the right and nothing is there!!!!

kitties4ever

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my furbabies really creeps me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He just stares at me with this look in his eye like he's been possessed.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zissou knows when I'm hurt and makes sure to pounce on it

What really creeps me out is when cats know when you're coming home. Almost every day, she's sitting in the front window whenever I get home, and I have a very irregular schedule. People walk by all day, there's no car in the driveway or anything (hey, I don't have a car or a driveway); there's no explanation except that she just 'knows'.

She also does the stare-at-nothing and meow trick, and sometimes she'll just be walking along and suddenly jump a foot in the air and sideways, puff up, and run away.

Then again, she's afraid of her own farts and coughing, soooooo....

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all are going to think I'm crazy, but I was looking at some old pictures of Limerick and I found this:

In the bottom right corner... does anyone see something white?? Or am I crazy.

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eburgess

You all are going to think I'm crazy, but I was looking at some old pictures of Limerick and I found this:

In the bottom right corner... does anyone see something white?? Or am I crazy.
I see it!!!! FREAKY!

I knew I shouldn't have read this thread. Ghost stories give me the creeps.

I do have a ghost in my apartment. My daughter, bf, and my neigbors next door have seen and heard it. I have also seen the bathroom door open when no one was near the door. I think my black kitten has seen it, too.

One evening, she stalked the living room wall, stopped and stared. She moved her head like she was watching something, then she jumped up the bare wall and swatted at something that I couldn't see.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Popsie stares off into space all the time. One night I was laying in bed with my little light on and he kept looking around under my vanity dresser. I thought maybe there was a piece of cigarette wrapper down there blowing around from my fan but I kept looking and there was nothing there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eburgess

My Limerick sat on one end of the room, and stared at the wall like something was there. It really freaked me out.
Geronimo & Spencer (and sometimes Winchester) do this a lot, too.
But usually, there's a reason for it - like a bug that's so small only a microscope could pick up.
There's nothing wrong w/ THEIR eyes!

After Foxy died, BuffPuff moped around for days, b/c he missed his buddy so badly.
About a week after Foxy died, BuffPuff suddenly stopped dead in his tracks, and starting staring at nothing - then he proceeded to hiss & growl at nothing.
It was really weird: I think Foxy's "presence" was still in the house, and BuffPuff sensed it somehow. Maybe I'm nuts
but I think that's what it was..

~KK~