Lily & Tolly do DIY

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lily and Tolly have been having a fantastic time "helping" us to decorate daugther's bedroom.

Before we did the painting, we had to install the recessed lighting in her ceiling. This involved cutting holes in the ceiling and then hubby going into the room to connect up the wiring.

Lily and Tolly were fascinated by the fact they could see Daddy through the little holes in the roof

Tolstoy wandered off to see if he could get to Daddy, Lily's face was priceless. Where do you think you're going????

Whilst Tolly took a more laid back approach, Lily decided to get very "paws on" with this supervision lark. So, when Daddy was painting the windowsill, she checked that he hadn't missed anything

She wasn't very impressed when I marched her off to the bathroom to wash her feet though!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lily looks so intelligent...
she has such a beautiful face.

Tolly is a good boy for Daddy.

Lily's paws?

Proof that there is never a dull moment when our kitties are supervising renovations.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Lily's "where do you think you're going" look
and what a big helper she is with the paint
Beautiful babies

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can really tell how small those cats are, when you see Lily being held by her Daddy. Such a tiny little thing she is. It took me a minute to notice those white painted paws on her feet. How cute is that. It's nice you have a picture as a memory of it. However, I too would have been rushing her in the bathroom to get that paint off of her little feet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

I'll never forget when Ziggy walked wet white paint all over the new chocolate brown carpet in another room!!!

Bless them, they look so cute!!
Ooooh I bet Ziggy was popular! She obviously thought that the carpet just needed that extra little something!

Originally Posted by Graciecat

They're just trying to see if they can offer Daddy any help.
Oh yes, he was very grateful for all that special Singapura help

Originally Posted by My cat Mellow

They are really beautiful cats, and those feet with paint all over them are very cute!
They are such cute little feet aren't they - I reckon Daddy developed a bad habit here. Last Christmas, he dipped their feet in food colouring to make little pawprints on a gift tag for my pressie - I guess now they think there's no difference between paint and food colouring.

Originally Posted by xocats

Lily looks so intelligent...
she has such a beautiful face.

Tolly is a good boy for Daddy.

Lily's paws?
Proof that there is never a dull moment when our kitties are supervising renovations.
Yes Lei, Lily is definitely the brains of the outfit, Tolly is just out and out sweet - he's such a little boy.

Lily always takes her supervision duties very seriously - unlike her brother. She always has to be into EVERYTHING - it all has to be inspected.

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh look at her paws!!!

Was that gloss paint that she walked onto as well?
Fortunately, it wasn't gloss paint otherwise I'd have been really worried. It was an eggshell satin paint which meant that it came off really quickly and easily in water. Thick, gloopy gloss would have been a nightmare to wash off.

Originally Posted by Pami

I love Lily's "where do you think you're going" look
and what a big helper she is with the paint
Beautiful babies
You can really see how she bosses Tolly around - he may be older but that certainly doesn't carry any weigh around here

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

You can really tell how small those cats are, when you see Lily being held by her Daddy. Such a tiny little thing she is. It took me a minute to notice those white painted paws on her feet. How cute is that. It's nice you have a picture as a memory of it. However, I too would have been rushing her in the bathroom to get that paint off of her little feet.
It was one of those events where the camera was right there. We were decorating the room as a surprise for daughter, so we were documenting the whole process with photographs so that she could see what we did. Little miss trouble was straight into that bathroom afterwards and you should have heard her moan!

You're right, you can really see how tiny she is in this shot can't you.

Originally Posted by mbjerkness

you could always do a cat print border
I think that's exactly what she had in mind, little terror.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Lily and Tolly have been having a fantastic time "helping" us to decorate daugther's bedroom.

Before we did the painting, we had to install the recessed lighting in her ceiling. This involved cutting holes in the ceiling and then hubby going into the room to connect up the wiring.

Lily and Tolly were fascinated by the fact they could see Daddy through the little holes in the roof

Tolstoy wandered off to see if he could get to Daddy, Lily's face was priceless. Where do you think you're going????

Whilst Tolly took a more laid back approach, Lily decided to get very "paws on" with this supervision lark. So, when Daddy was painting the windowsill, she checked that he hadn't missed anything

She wasn't very impressed when I marched her off to the bathroom to wash her feet though!
What kind of kitties do you have? They are soo cute!!!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

What kind of kitties do you have? They are soo cute!!!
Lily and Tolly are Singapuras. They share the same father but different mothers and are about a year apart in age.

Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

I love the painted paws!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too funny!
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Hehe, the painted paws picture looks adorable! Silly kitty!
Lily thought those painted paws would have made a nice trail through the house - she was wriggling like mad to try and run off. I think that was probably to do with the word "bath" being mentioned though

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What little mischief makers you have, Beth.
They are beautiful.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

What little mischief makers you have, Beth.
They are beautiful.
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

They are beautiful!! I love seeing pics of Tolly & Lily
Oh yes, mischief makers is exactly right! Lovable trouble is what they are

Thank you for your lovely words

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, what fantastic little "helpers" you have there Beth!
Thank goodness it was latex paint...it was latex, right?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Love the white paws!

That gift tag your husband made with food colouring sounds so sweet. What a lovely idea.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Oh, what fantastic little "helpers" you have there Beth!
Thank goodness it was latex paint...it was latex, right?
I think it was like your latex paint - it's not a term that we have here. Even though it's for windowsills and door frames, this is a satin, chalky finish so it's essentially a water-based paint. It's really easy to wash off. Phew!

Originally Posted by pushylady

Love the white paws!

That gift tag your husband made with food colouring sounds so sweet. What a lovely idea.
Awww the gift tag was so special and a lovely touch. Hubby's such a big softie