What's Your 'High' & 'Low' For the Day?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides waking up to your furbabies (the high), that is!

What I mean by that, is, what was your 'lowest' point of the day, and what was your 'highest'?

I have a chronic deteriorating spinal condition, and my doc has me on a pain management program. I ran out of my pain meds, so I called in for a refill; but I couldn't get them refilled b/c my doc left town, and won't be back till Nov. 1st. Now this may not seem like a big deal to some, but trust me - when you're in almost constant misery b/c of pain, it IS a big deal!
But luckily, a good friend of mine takes the same pain meds that I do, and loaned me enough to get through till my doc comes back.

So my low for that day (this actually occurred on Friday, but b/c I was hurting so bad I didn't log on to TCS again till today, b/c I couldn't get comfortable enough to sit at the computer): anyway, my 'low' was knowing that I'd be in misery till my doc got back to refill my meds, but my 'high' came when my friend loaned me the meds to get through till then.

Today's low was running out of coffee
but my high was being able to log on again to TCS!

What's your high & low for the day?

~KK~

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have a low for the day........

Ziggy has gone missing....

Come home Ziggy....

I supose I do have a 'High'. Support from all the lovely people on this site

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I more than understand about the pain, KittKatt. I too have a deteriorating lower back as well as Fibromyalgia so I know what you mean about it being bad when out of pain meds.
Glad you have a friend to loan you some until you get yours.
sadieandziggy, I am SOOOO sorry that Ziggy went missing. Hopefully you will have your high for the day in finding him!

My high for the day so far has been to have a moment to rest.
The low would be that I had a bad morning and it was hard to get out of bed.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My low - having an annoying headache that won't go away.
My high, besides getting to spend the day with my husband and furbabies, was eating the delicious malteser cake that I made!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My low was the Carb coma I experienced after lunch.

My high was seeing my friends at lunch
So the carb coma was delicious and worth it

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I ran out of my pain meds, so I called in for a refill; but I couldn't get them refilled b/c my doc left town, and won't be back till Nov. 1st.
That's horrible.
I'm worried that my doc won't fill mine unless I see her in an appointment... that's not till December and I have 14 pills left. Not much since I need them for car trips or surprise shoulder/other joint pain.
I'm lucky that my back doesn't actually bother me, aside from spasms, but that SI is annoying.

I'm not sure what today's high point or low point was. I did get woke up by having a cup of cold water dumped over my head this morning.
On the upside, cold water does seem to be a cure for morning stiffness. I flew out of bed.

Or maybe the high point was getting some cookies earlier.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My low for the day was taking 3 rouwdy kids to 5 different stores to find the "Right Machetes" for thier halloween costumes

My high was I found the cape/cloak for my costume @ %75off!

lizsto1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My low today....the Bucs lost...again!!

My high......watching the game with my parents

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

Come home Ziggy....

I hope that Ziggy comes home, safe and sound VERY soon!

please keep us posted?

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
High: Hubby loaded the dishwasher with the dishes from the Halloween party last night, so I had very little clean-up to do, and could actually sit down, and read a book (after 4 days being on my feet for hours on end, cleaning, etc., AND having a cold AND that "special friend" on top of it). My house actually looks respectable on a weekend, which doesn't happen often (usually, there's mess from home improvements). Also, seeing my nice, new, sparkling bathroom first thing in the morning (just renovated it earlier in the month).

Low: Eating leftover pumpkin swirl cheesecake from the party; then falling asleep while reading the book above, at 4 PM! (I had been up until after 1 AM, though, to clean up after the bash).

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My low- not one single volunteer showed up to help me clean the shelter today, so i had to do the entire place by myself
we're talking about 50 dogs and over 100 kitties- every single one had to be cleaned, fed, and watered and many are on meds. It's just a lot for one person to do in 4 hours. It was a long morning. Usually i have at 1-3 volunteers that come and help as well- but none of them called or showed up today, so it took me longer than usual to get everything done.

High point: Two of the kitties in the isolation room that i thought would have to be pts soon because they weren't doing good on fri/sat are doing MUCH better!
I gave them iv's on fri & sat and it seems like that helped! I'm hoping they make a full recovery and get adopted soon

My other high for the day was just getting to sit down and have dinner with Colin and watch a movie- i just had a good time getting to spend some time with the guy i love

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My low for today was having to listen to my poor cat in his carrier crying and trying to get out of it. Claude has to spend the day at the vets for treatment.

My high for today so far has been my other two cats keeping me company this morning.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My high for today would be spending time with my kitty.

My low for today would be getting my mark back on my accounting test (I failed horribly).

kittytales

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today has been pretty uneventful...

Yesterday, my low was thinking that my dog was suffering from a fatal condition called "Bloat" and having to rush him to the emergency clinic. (And having to bribe the cabby with a $60 TIP to get him to agree to take my 100lb GSD)

My high was discovering that I was being paranoid, and he was fine.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My low point is I gave a client the impression that she should not report an accident because it was minor, and now she is getting charged for not reporting it

My high point was lunchtime, I had a yummy soup with a fresh bun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

Come home Ziggy....

I'm so sorry to hear that Ziggy went missing.
Did (s)he come back yet??

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

I more than understand about the pain, KittKatt. I too have a deteriorating lower back as well as Fibromyalgia so I know what you mean about it being bad when out of pain meds.
I'm sorry to hear that you are having to suffer too, WM.
It sure isn't any fun..

My high for the day so far has been to have a moment to rest.
The low would be that I had a bad morning and it was hard to get out of bed.
I sure can relate to that!
EVERY day it's difficult to get out of bed, when you have a bad back.

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

That's horrible.
I'm worried that my doc won't fill mine unless I see her in an appointment... that's not till December and I have 14 pills left. Not much since I need them for car trips or surprise shoulder/other joint pain.
I know what you mean!
Some doctors will do that - not refill your meds till after you come in to see them - mine included.
I can understand it to a certain degree, b/c there are people who will abuse pain meds, but I don't think it's necessary after you establish a long-term doctor/patient relationship w/ your doc. I wasn't too happy to find out that my doc just took off like she did, w/o informing her patients who are on a pain management program; she could have had the decency to let her patients know that she was going to be gone for awhile, so they could have prepared themselves beforehand.
I haven't been very happy w/ this new doc (she took over the office from my former doc who I DID like and was satisfied with, but who decided to move and sell her pratice to the new doc). Anyway, I'm not happy w/ her (for several reasons), and am going to find another doc: this one doesn't seem to be too concerned w/ her patients.

I'll get off my soap-box now!

I feel for you, StrangeWings: I know what you're going through.
I hope that you won't have any problems getting your meds refilled, too.

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's low (actually, I should say it was last night) was not being able to log on to TCS to answer any replies (or my e-mails) b/c my stinkin' internet service wasn't working properly yet AGAIN
and my high was finding out that it wasn't anything serious and I could get back online again today!

I HATE COMPUTERS!!

~KK~