Tomorrow

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well tomorrow is the big day. Monday is my heart procedure. I found myself crying myself to sleep last night...I'm more nervous and scared the closer it gets...
Thursday I went to the doctor and they informed me of all the risks. That was enough to freak someone out. They said they think the risks (including death) outweigh the risks of not having the procedure and having another stroke type event.
I've also never gone under general anesthesia before so that scares me too. I'm just a nervous wreck.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry: I can relate to your fear.
But I think you'll be all right: w/ today's medical technology, they can perform miracles. I wish I had words of comfort to offer..

Many blessings & vibes are being sent your way.

~KK~

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh My. Many vibes coming your way. Let us know when your out of hospital how it went.

When your all better, you'll know that all the stress and worry was worth the result.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck

Everything will go fine. Is it an outpatient procedure or inpatient? Many vibes goign your way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's considered outpatient, but I have to stay in the hospital overnight. They are going to put a tube up my leg that will travel to my heart and plug a device into the hole to patch it.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel, I was just operated two weeks ago, and im so glad its over! all is well

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Praying goes smoothly for you and you have no complications. I was under once for an exploratory surgery (nothing like a heart surgery) but if it makes you feel better, I literally closed my eyes and then opened them groggily and it was over. I thought I had just blinked.
You will do great! Lots of prayers coming your way.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think you will be just fine. Surgery today is amazing! My cousing had heart surgery 10 years ago, and even then, surgery was so advanced that it was almost nothing to worry about. Her mitral valve was deformed and she too had a hole in her heart. Today she is doing so well. You will be fine.

Anesthesia is not bad at all. . . The first time I ever had to go under, I was young and I tried to fight it as hard as I could, lol... You just simply fall asleep. . . Waking up sucks because you will be sleepy the entire rest of the day, and perhaps the day after, but I think you will manage.

Remember it is always for the best. Let us know how it goes, and how you feel! Good luck hon!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They'll probably already do this as a matter of policy, but just in case -- please tell them you want to talk with the anesthesiologist before they sedate you. And then when you see him, tell him you're apprehensive about your first experience with general anesthesia, and ask him please to stay there with you throughout the procedure. That's standard in most situations, anyway, but just to be sure, you can speak to him about it.

And know that all of us are thinking of you and sending up smooth-surgery vibes like crazy!
You'll do great!

lizsto1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am kind of partial to the name Rachel. And you were the first person who donated points to me yesterday. I truly wish you well tomorrow. You will be in many peoples thoughts.

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sending vibes your way. I understand your nervousness. These procedures are so common now that I think you'll be just fine. Think positive, and know you have many many people thinking about you.