Ummmm.......

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do your significant others do funny/weird stuff in their sleep??

Here is a list of what my boyfriend has done:

One night I woke up to being smothered by a pillow. I screamed, "What are you trying to do, KILL ME????!!!" He woke up and said, "OMG!! I'm sooo sorry!!! I was dreaming I was smashing a bug!!"

One night we were snuggling and I opened my eyes to Michael rearing his fist back about to punch me in my face. I screamed, "BABY!!!!!" And he woke up. He was fighting someone in his sleep.

One night I woke up to him freaking out smacking at his head saying, "OMG there it is!!" Then he proceeded (with his eyes open) to look in the covers for something. Of course I helped him! (I just knew it was a spider!!!). Later that same night he woke up again screaming and smacking at his head saying, "THERE IT IS AGAIN!!!" With his eyes opened he looked in the covers, under his pillow, etc. Of course I helped him!! After a few minutes of doing this, he finally said, "Oh well...I hope it's on your side."
The rest of the night I was so paranoid!!! Turns out the next morning he didn't remember doing that and he said in his dream there was a spider that wasn't native here.

One night I woke up to him sitting up looking towards the dark hall saying, "OMG! What is that??!!" I thought there was a ghost!!

One night somehow he managed to get his laptop out from under the bed, open it, and start typing away. The computer wasn't on so I know he was dreaming.

Two times (including last night) he has managed to take his pillowcase completely off of his pillow!!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH talks in his sleep a lot but the weirdest thing he's done was smack each elbow with his hand and do a downward elbow thrust with both arms at the same time. He said he was dreaming about doing a wrestling move.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband talks in his sleep too!
He doesn't talk back after I respond to him though, but it's always gibberish! He says that I kick though.
Maybe that's why Tiger bites at my feet! I do have a history of sleepwalking.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time many many moons ago hubby knocked me clear across the bed onto the floor (martial arts move). What happened was I was trying to wake him up and as soon as I touched him a dog leaped at him in his dream. He blocked and I landed on the floor in shock.

One other thing I can remember he woke up night shocked and startled saying "What the heck was that?" I looked at him and said you were snoring really loud (and he was) and you woke yourself up.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bf doesn't snore too much, but sometimes he does and it'll take me a while to get him to shift position. He also smacks his lips when he's settling himself after moving around.
Once he punched me (not hard, luckily) in the head. He felt SO bad! Also, sometimes he gets....shall we say..."handsy" in his sleep and, the next day, will have the nerve to tease me for "starting" it!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not my husband, but my mother did all kinds of strange things. She would dream that "they" were contacting her through the clock radio and tell her to do stuff. She would half wake up and real panicked say what she HAD to do. Dad had this figured out, and just told her that she could do it in the morning and go back to sleep. Apparently she figured "they" were talking to him too, so she did. She never remembered it in the morning. I do know that the night before my sister's wedding she woke up saying that she had to start making breakfast (at like 2:30) because everyone was coming over for breakfast and she had to make like 30 pounds of bacon.

I only had that kind of thing happen to me once, when I was a teenager. I was sleeping and our dog (who had very coarse fur - she was 1/2 terrier) jumped up on the bed. I dreamed that it was a small bear.
Of course I freaked out, and went into my parent's bedroom to tell them about the bear (1/2 awake but still believing that the dream was real). By the time I got in there, I knew that they wouldn't believe there was a bear, so I just said "There's an animal in the house!" So Dad, not knowing I was having a Mom Moment, got up and checked the house. The difference was that I DID remember it all the next morning and we all had a good laugh. (I didn't lie to them, there was an animal - it just happened to be Felicia who wanted to snuggle, not a bear.)

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My s/o "beats" me up, too:
But he's a Vietnam War Vet, and still has nightmares.

It's one of the reason I no longer sleep w/ him. I have a chronic deteriorating back condition, and can't handle being punched or kicked in my back. I know he's not doing it on purpose, but....

~KK~

Oh yeah - he also snores HORRIBLY, and I can't get a good night's sleep b/c of all that racket!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

My fiance giggles in his sleep. Yup, just like a little girl
My boyfriend does that too!!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

The only thing I can remember Andy doing is taking a pee out the front door!!!!

Every night he also ends up upside-down in the bed!!
My 5yr old has done that too!

Dh talks in his sleep and his hands "roam"

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband bends his legs up when he sleeps on his back. No idea how he can sleep like that, I would be incredibly stiff and sore in the morning. When he sleeps on his side he likes to draw his knees up and shove them right into my back
this wakes me up so I shove him over or not so nicely wake him up. Imagine what you'd say to someone forcefully kneeing you...

He also makes the occasional weird "uhh" or "ahh" type noise in his sleep, and of course snores.

Funny story, for about a week he kept waking up with a very sore throat. He couldn't figure out what was causing it...until he woke up with my elbow in his throat.
Apparently I was elbowing him in my sleep, I can only assume it was because he was snoring.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trav keeps on elbowing me, the other day he elbowed me so hard i woke up and screamed
!!! i was very lucky i didnt get a bruised because it was right under my eye
and he talks alot of stuff in his sleep too

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep my DH does strange stuff in his sleep. He has accidentally smacked me in his sleep a couple times (he feels so bad in the morning when I tell him), He has sat up and said weird things like, "But you can't do that!". Two of my boys do strange things. One night my 9 year old came into our room and was wandering. I led him back into his room and found that he had turned on the light, taken his comforter off his bed and shoved it somewhere. After much searching I found it stuffed in the closet. He remembered nothing in the morning but had a good laugh about it. My 7 year old gets up several times a week and comes into our room and then will ask in the morning why we took him out of his bed and put him in our room.
He never remembers. I could go on, those three keep me busy in the middle of the night.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once was having a bad dream about my ex-husband: in the dream, he was beating me up, so I proceeded to kick at him to defend myself. I actually kicked in my sleep, and BuffPuff (one of the cats I used to have, who liked to sleep on my feet) ended up getting kicked off the bed and into the wall. I felt so bad!
Needless to say, he didn't sleep on my feet for quite awhile after that.

~KK~

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

It's one of the reason I no longer sleep w/ him. I have a chronic deteriorating back condition, and can't handle being punched or kicked in my back. I know he's not doing it on purpose, but....

~KK~

Oh yeah - he also snores HORRIBLY, and I can't get a good night's sleep b/c of all that racket!
My DH is a Persian Gulf War vet, and I think he may have nightmares about the war, too.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm well she sings sometimes, Which which is funny cause not being native english speaker, she sings it indoensian haha...

i am also gulity of wild swinging in my sleep, and i told her several times, never to scare me. Well i was sleeping and she jumped right on top of me how i was sleeping, WEll i knocked her accross the room.
gee i told her never to do that. the good news is she has never did that again

koodeez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No lie... My wife ALWAYS has her eyes ATLEAST half way open or more while she sleeps.... talk about freaky!!!! I never know if she is playing or not (as far as sleeping). She always tricks me. The worse part... our 4 year-old son does it too... what is it w/ this... is this common???

She is a rambler almost ever night and I swear......... she is having a love affair in her sleep. She is endlessly grunted or something along those lines saying baby every so often. She hasn't said any names yet, but when she does..... it's on!!!...hehehe...nah, she does dream about sex (to be blunt) quite often which is comedic to listen too... she always says its me but I don't care....dream isn't reality.

As for the first poster........ too many encounters of violence.... how do you sleep any night! I would be terrified!!! That would be my excuse to sleep on the couch...haha!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

One of my old co-workers says she can't touch her husband at all when he's sleeping because of his Vietnam experiences. The dog however doesn't seem to bother him.

DH mostly farts in his sleep.
Often it's a fart then a giggle.
When we were first married every night he'd get up, walk to the kitchen and look in the refrigerator for about 3-5 seconds. Close that door, go use the bathroom and go back to bed. He did it every night for the longest time and then it stopped!

I'm the real entertainer in my sleep. I seem to do weird things for a period of time and then stop for a while. I never knew I did things in my sleep till after I was married, but my old friends I had a reunion with informed me today that on one youth trip way back when I got very upset with them in the middle of the night for not moving. We were all sausaged in the room together from what I remember. I don't remember that though!

DH says what I do most often is sit straight up, mutter something intelligible quite loudly and flop back down. He's also woken up to find me standing at a blank space of wall on the opposite side of the room doing something like turning imaginary knobs. I've also taken my shirt off. Both of those times I was completely alone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by koodeez

As for the first poster........ too many encounters of violence.... how do you sleep any night! I would be terrified!!! That would be my excuse to sleep on the couch...haha!
I guess I got used to it?
I'm just glad I'm a light sleeper though!