anyone have a cat that does this

catzrule40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone just wanted to star out by saying that I
TCS!!! You guys are all awesome!!! This is kinda cute to me I was wondering if any of your kitties did this?? King David likes to just go into the litterbox and dig around in it like hes playing in a sandbox. He wont go poo or pee pee he'll just play in the litter
Its usually right after I scoop it clean and I even out the litter. He goes pee and poo when he needs to, just he likes to play in the litter. shadow does this too, but only when I empty and clean the box and I put fresh litter in. sometimes he'll just sit in the litter too. he's now 6 months old. Its cute to watch him play like this, I was wondering if any of you cats do this too. oh when he goes pee and poo he does it in the liiterbox
Donna

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I think mine are trying to dig a hole to China b/c they're going at it so frantically!

It's nothing to worry about; cats are "diggers" by nature.

~KK~

cat52

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, my Piglet, when younger, regarded a clean litter box as his personal beach. He'd take his toys in there, roll around, dig like a bunny, fall asleep. Now, at 18 months, he's too dignified for that kitteny stuff: he just gets in the clean box and falls asleep - until the other cats, who'd like to use it as intended, shove him out.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikita doesn't play in the litterbox but whenever I place her in it she goes through the motions of peeing. She'll dig a little hole, and stand over it with her tail stretched out as if she were peeing and then dig a bit more and hop out. All this without peeing.

It's like she's a kid that you can put on the toilet just to see if they have to pee, it's sort of cute.

cat52

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

Nikita doesn't play in the litterbox but whenever I place her in it she goes through the motions of peeing. She'll dig a little hole, and stand over it with her tail stretched out as if she were peeing and then dig a bit more and hop out. All this without peeing.

It's like she's a kid that you can put on the toilet just to see if they have to pee, it's sort of cute.
That's SO funny!
A new one on me, too - never heard of such an obliging kitty!

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL My boy does the same thing: Dig, croutch and stare at the other one like he saying, "HA! I got to it first!" with an evil stare, dig some more, do the pee hover, leave the box, and wipe his paws. Then my little female kitten will try to have her turn at digging, and then the male will run back into the box before the girl can have her turn.