I lost GiGi last Tuesday night.........

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know alot of you don't agree with letting your cats outside and all, I understand the consequences for that action, I certainly don't need any
lectures on that right now! So if you reply, just remember I am hurting
so much that you couldn't make it any worse on me than I am myself!
That is exactly why I haven't already posted this until now, but I can say this it has been just awful not having all of ya'lls support this past week!
Tuesday Night I went out to finish a bit of raking, I had my spotlight in tow
and had rounded all kitties up and they migrated toward the back of the house. I picked up the spotlight and shined it over and called "GiGi" come on girl! I had gone in the front door, walked staight to the back door, opened it up, and Mama, Love, and Spook all came in, usually G will run the fastest and get in before them, so I kept calling her, I mean I had just seen her!
So I thought ok. she probably spotted a mouse, frog, or whatever and got
interested in that so I'll give her a minute, so I went and washed my hands, etc. went right back and started calling her again and again ....................
I haven't seen her since! I stayed up that night outside calling her for hrs.
I brought Jace to school and came right back (mind you I was on the brink
of nervous breakdown, I can't even explain how empty I feel!
I started a man hunt, cat hunt, in the woods, neighbhors, I put clothes out that had her smell, my smell all over the woods! I swear if I knew how to
have a nervous breakdown, I would just sit down and have one, I was
literally, screaming (which only brings to mind, "Scream" the exact same thing
happened to my Scream 2 yrs. ago) I have been so frustrated, you don't know if they are dead or alive, part of you thinks the very worst, and the other part has hope, then I think the worst again and the fit throwing begins
all over again! I called that cat until 2:00am that next night, when I
finally just deliriously gave up on my couch!
I will not be able to sleep in my bed for awhile, and everytime I pass by it
now I just want to throw up or crack, the way my heart is breaking !
G slept with me every night! OMG ya'll I MISS HER SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not stopped calling for her! I have walked miles
back in the woods, calling and calling ! It's like she just disappeared into thin air! The night she left, I was outside calling and listening, it was so quiet
out there in the woods, it was almost creepy! If something got her, which
that is probably what happened, because she wouldn't have gotten to far, I know she was hungry! and she would have ran right back home !
Some say :my cat was gone for wks. before and came home!
I think: I could only be that lucky!
Others say: a coyote, or a hawk probably got her!
I think: I just wasn't ready for her to go!
I having a bit of trouble with the not knowing where, what or why and of course how! If she had been hit by a car, not good, but there is closure.
The not knowing is an ongoing torture! I have questioned everything, when do you stop calling them? when this whenever that!

I am so sad! I am so sorry for the long story!Please Please GiGi come back
home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We miss you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monique
These were the last pictures of her (2 days before)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i do hope she comes back home or you find her
So do I! Thank You So Much! I needed that!!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry.
I hope that she does come home soon.

I know how you feel because I lost Kayla that way...she just disappeared. Its been a long time and I still wonder what happened to her and hope that she comes home (even though I know since it has been so long she probably won't). Thats why all mine are indoor only now except my semi feral.

Hang in there.

If you havn't done so already it would be good to put up some lost posters with her picture on them. You could put them up in vets offices(in case someone brings her in), stores, pet stores...anywhere you can think of where someone might see it and call.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for ya'lls support, I did lose one the same way about 2 yrs ago also!
Scream, they both had the same kind of personalities, and they were
both not quite a yr old! I wonder about her seems like daily! I have put
out some posters.
I'm sorry you lost your kitty this way, cause it really sucks! Thanks again,
Monique
My avatar picture is Scream, I miss them both deeply!!!!

cat52

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope GiGi is just holed up somewhere safe & decides to come home soon - she sure is pretty. In the past, my gray cat Daedalus, my best-ever-cat mini-Siamese Caleb, and a semi-feral orange tabby Romeo, all just disappeared. I've also had cats disappear for as long as a month, then reappear like nothing has happened. I understand how you feel, and my heart goes out to you.

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for you and I hope GiGi comes back soon. I know what your going through, Ziggy is gone right now. I now have the confidence to post my own thread

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went crazy last week because Wellington disappeared for 7 hours before reappearing. And I have lost cats in the past, that simply vanished. And I had one that came back after a fortnight. All you can do is the best for them as you see it, and provide as safe an environment as you can. If you live in an area with no traffic and few predators, then I believe in letting them out. As with kids, you can never protect them from everything, and I believe in trusting to their own natures to be as sensible as possible. But there are always tragedies - I lost Napoleon to poison last year. Good vibes coming that Gigi finds her way home.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Monique I didnt know ........ sending many vibes and prayers that your little girl comes home

Go to all of your neighbors and see if she didnt accidentally get locked in a basement or shed or something.

many hugs to you. Dont beat yourself up

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cat52

I hope GiGi is just holed up somewhere safe & decides to come home soon - she sure is pretty. In the past, my gray cat Daedalus, my best-ever-cat mini-Siamese Caleb, and a semi-feral orange tabby Romeo, all just disappeared. I've also had cats disappear for as long as a month, then reappear like nothing has happened. I understand how you feel, and my heart goes out to you.
That is why I keep calling for her, maybe she is held up and she might hear me, and come out and come home! I sure do hate you have lost all of those
kitties! It certainly makes one feel helpless! Thanks for understanding!GiGi
did kind of the same thing probably a week before, but she came back. She had got up to go out to use the bathroom around 5:30am, I got up around 7, called and called, no G, well the breakdown had already began by the time
I took my son to school, when I came back home, I was a crazy person, walking everywhere, screaming and crying her name, My dad (my parents live beside me)came out and start looking for her also. I guess all of the
feelings from when I had lost Scream just came flooding back! Which made
me go from normal crazy to crazy crazy in about 5 minutes! I thought to myself, you have to get a grip, so I went inside and sat down on the couch, I quite crying and was just numb, all of a sudden, I heard crunch, crunch, crunch over at the bowls of food, and I sat straight up and boom, there she was, piggin out! OMG I was so happy, I grabbed the phone and called my dad, I said, "She's back home now!", " and now I'm going to kill her!"

just kidding! My cats were rescued from the carwash downtown, the three I have left, were already outdoor cats, I couldn't confine them although they sleep inside every night, they are inside when it rains and most of the time
sleep inside during the day! I know these are the hurtful consequences I have to endure. But I can't say that I will do anything different! My house is not that big for all to be inside always! Both Scream and GiGi were the type
to come out of nowhere whenever the door is open and jump outside, they didn't like to be confined, I don't know the worse of two evils! Thanks for
caring, it means alot!
Monique

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh Monique I didnt know ........ sending many vibes and prayers that your little girl comes home

Go to all of your neighbors and see if she didnt accidentally get locked in a basement or shed or something.

many hugs to you. Dont beat yourself up
Thanks Pam! Speak of the neighbors, I went over there to do that, and went out by a shed they have at the edge of the woods, I called for G and boy did I get a response......MEOW, MEOW, MEOW, they were BIG KITTEN MEOWS!
I looked and coming out from some old chicken wire, were a black and a gray
kitten, they weren't as big as my whole hand, (and I have small hands)
could barely walk good, and then here came another black one, but wait,
there was one stuck under the wire, so with some coaxing from another position, I got the 4th one out which was a orange and white beautiful
baby!All had blue eyes still!!!!!!!!!!They are so precious! Turns out they are
from a wild calico that had come up about a month ago and started eating
their dogs food! It was pretty cold that day and so I picked up the first 2, put them up to my chest and they found their way under my sweatshirt(it was a zip up) and fell asleep! tooooo precious!!! We saw the Mama watching
us from a far, so we got a big bucket and put a sheet in it and put all of them in it. she saw us do that and then I had some cat food with me and I ran and got it out of the car, and put some by the bucket. So she would come back to them! They were all screaming , they were hungry!
I left, and called the next day, my neighbor said , the mama got them and moved them out in the woods somewhere. Jace and I decided yesterday
if we could find them, he said he wanted one of them, well he said he wanted all of them actually! so we went back over next door and looked for them calling them and calling and those kittens didn't make a peep! they were
probably eating! So the next time I see one of those kittens it will be an older stray that comes wondering up sometime! Leave it to me, I am looking for my cat, and find a whole litter of babies! More for me to worry about! I told her I would help, do something with them. More unwanted so to speak cats!
In a week or so I'm going to borrow a trap, trap mom, and bring her to get fixed, or whenever the babies are old enough to not be nursing! I need some vibes for all of that! Hopefully the Lord will send me some good people to
take the kittens! They have to agree to spay/neuter them though!
Or I might if possible get some $ help from the humane society and have them already spay before they are adopted! Ya'll know if I get involved with
them, it's going to kill me to let them go! I get tooo darn attached to these
animals! I need a life ya'll! and really fast!!

Monique

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

I'm so sorry for you and I hope GiGi comes back soon. I know what your going through, Ziggy is gone right now. I now have the confidence to post my own thread
Awww! how long has Ziggy been gone? I am sending you and her good luck vibes
I'm praying for her/his safe return!!! I know you know what I'm going through
and it doesn't make it alright, but the support for each other sure does help the soul!!! Please stay in touch and let me know whats going on! I'm glad
my story helped you! That is what were all here for someone to lean on, 24 hrs aday! Thanks TCS members, You all have always been there for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Through the thick and the thin!!!!!! Hats off to all of you excellent people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad to be a member here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE THECATSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monique

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

I'm sending vibes for GiGi to find her way back home.

Good luck.
Thanks for taking the time and caring! I'm taking all of the vibes I can get!!!
Thanks again Green Bunny!
Monique

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

Awww! how long has Ziggy been gone? I am sending you and her good luck vibes
I'm praying for her/his safe return!!! I know you know what I'm going through
and it doesn't make it alright, but the support for each other sure does help the soul!!! Please stay in touch and let me know whats going on! I'm glad
my story helped you! That is what were all here for someone to lean on, 24 hrs aday! Thanks TCS members, You all have always been there for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Through the thick and the thin!!!!!! Hats off to all of you excellent people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad to be a member here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE THECATSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monique
She hasn't been gone as long as GiGi, but as she is mainly indoor and only goes out for around an hour or so at a time ((about once a week) - usually an escape) She has been gone now for 27.5hrs

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

I went crazy last week because Wellington disappeared for 7 hours before reappearing. And I have lost cats in the past, that simply vanished. And I had one that came back after a fortnight. All you can do is the best for them as you see it, and provide as safe an environment as you can. If you live in an area with no traffic and few predators, then I believe in letting them out. As with kids, you can never protect them from everything, and I believe in trusting to their own natures to be as sensible as possible. But there are always tragedies - I lost Napoleon to poison last year. Good vibes coming that Gigi finds her way home.
Awww so sorry about Napoleon, that must of happen whenever I was in my "FUNK" over Scream, and just dropped off the TCS for months!
I can also tell ya, about a month ago, I kept going to the RB forum, I was so
sadden by everyone's losses, I would read them and just feel the pain of their
loss as if it were my own! I boo-hoo ed with every story! I got to where
I couldn't do it! I was so emotional, and drained and kept having dreams of
something happening to one of mine, that I had to quit going to that forum!
I hate that, it was pretty overwhelming though, everyone I was familiar
with was losing their cats!

Thanks for all support, and it was great to hear from you!!!!!

Monique

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Many vibes for Gigi to come home safe and sound
Thanks so much! I'm so glad I finally told everyone here! I knew I couldn't go through this alone! You taking time from your day, to let me know you care
means more to me than I could ever explain!! Thanks again for your support!

Monique

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

She hasn't been gone as long as GiGi, but as she is mainly indoor and only goes out for around an hour or so at a time ((about once a week) - usually an escape) She has been gone now for 27.5hrs
What all have you done? My sisters cat is always inside, but is always around the door when it is open, he is declawed, front only, which I'm against!
He got out one day and they couldn't find him, I got over there and started going around to the neighbors looking under the decks and calling for him!She has been loaded with ferals that just come up, some have babies and it has become a real problem! anyway, by the next day they had found him, he had been at the other neighbors and held up somewhere, I probably walked right by him calling his name and he didn't response. That is what I keep hoping for that G got scared and is somewhere hiding! I just want to pull my hair out thinking about "but where?" Your Ziggy is probably right around close, put some tuna out maybe she'll smell it and come out of hiding! Your in my thoughts and prayers!

Monqiue