Introducting Niles and Bagheera

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been meaning to post some pictures of Niles and Bagheera, the latest additions to my feline clan. These two sweetie pies live with my brother, however, I still show them and get "custody" of them every week or so.

Niles is nearly five months old. He's still intact and will be used in his breeders program.

Bagheera is four and a half months old. She has really nice spotting for a smoke, so she's going to be out there in the show ring with Niles. She's already spayed, so they won't be competing against one another at eight months

Niles

Bagheera

Niles

Niles and Bagheera

I wish I could take better pictures, but these guys can't seem to stay still for three seconds! They all came out rather blurry due to the movement, but at the thumbnail size, it is hardly noticiable.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are lovely. I know all too well about blurry pics

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the silver - he's really flashy and should do well. The smoke looks nice too (would like to see her spots better). Hopefully she will keep contrast. Its hard on a smoke ")

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

The smoke looks nice too (would like to see her spots better). Hopefully she will keep contrast. Its hard on a smoke ")
Here are some better pictures of Bagheera's coat. I'm constantly shocked by it

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow she's much better then the current smoke that's being shown in my area. Is she out of a silver and a smoke?

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yup, the sire is a silver and dam is a smoke. The sire's mother has been known to produce some really amazing smokes, even though she is also a silver. I wonder if that has something to do with the way the contrast presents itself.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say so. The undercoat has that silver white. More so then just the white with black. That's why I asked cause it really looks like a silver and smoke cross

The one in my area is the typical dark smoke with spots you can barely see. Your's is a lot clearer
She should darken up more (get more black) as she gets older. Otherwise, the judges could question her color
See what they say at the show.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like very much!!!! Both of them!!!
Where are they from?? (She asks with research in mind....
)

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Niles, the silver boy, is from cattery Ajatarah. His sire is GC Sansih Twice a Brat of Bacamamdit, DM and his dam is GC Emau's Tajmauhal of Alotaspotz. I'm working with Melanie Morgan of Emau, as he'll be used in her breeding program. Niles's dam is the sister of last year's breed winner, Drop of Golden Sun. Tajmauhal's dam is Emau's Pounce for the Ounce and her sire is Emau's Saga of Mautrix.

Bagheera, the smoke, is from Marzac (or Marzacknoll). Her sire is Emau's Pay it Forward of Karmau and her dam is Ch Bacamamdit Nefertit of Marzacknoll. I know the sire is the son of Emau's Kestrel (sire) and Pounce for the Ounce (dam). I'm not sure about the background of Bagheera's dam.

Either way, they've both got those Emau Pounce lines in them. So they are related, just not directly.
The way they act together, you'd THINK they were long lost relatives anyways!

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

The one in my area is the typical dark smoke with spots you can barely see. Your's is a lot clearer
She should darken up more (get more black) as she gets older. Otherwise, the judges could question her color
See what they say at the show.
The flash does her spots justice
Her face and limbs are very dark, so nobody has questioned her color yet. She's been in two shows thus far. In fact, she was going to be petted out until she started taking top ranks at a show with 12 Mau kittens! Her head is not as type-y as Niles's, but some judges have still given her the breed win for her spotting.

I'm a bit worried about her broken necklaces, though.

She has a pattern fault that only occurs in the smokes where the necklaces have a smudge on one side. No judge has said anything about the smudge yet, so I don't know how worried I should be. In fact, there is no mention of this flaw in any standard. I've only seen it mentioned in this online guide:
http://us.share.geocities.com/embfc/pages/e_book.pdf

She still has one broken necklace, which is all the CFA standard wants to see. It's a lot lighter than the smudge, though, so here's to hoping it will darken with time!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well if she's gonna be spayed and not bred, most judges would probably forgive that necklace fault. Her face does look "smoky"