TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › For all you tattoo fans (pics!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For all you tattoo fans (pics!)

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
I got a new one! I sat for a couple hours yesterday, and I'm going back in a couple weeks to get all the color done.

I went to a costume party last night and somebody spilled an entire beer all over it, and in my shoe, which was subsequently squishy. I was able to get it all off within 5 minutes, but it still stunk.

Anyway, pictures!:

Here is a close-up of the beginning


And then starting from the inside calf, to the shin, and then around the back:










I know they're a bit blurry, sorry!

The colors are going to be real summery greens at the top, and then fade into fall colors, you can see the leaves dropping off on the back there, and then the winter bit, and then at the end with the spring buds. It'll be way more obvious what is going on when I get the color.
post #2 of 24
It will be gorgeous when it is complete! Cant wait to see more pictures!!!!
post #3 of 24
Is it all up your leg? That's really cool! I can't wait to see the follow up pics!
post #4 of 24
passt you have a leaf on your leg

look forward to seeing it once you get it done
post #5 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
Is it all up your leg? That's really cool! I can't wait to see the follow up pics!
It's hard to tell in these pictures, lol, my sister though they were just of my thigh It starts just below my knee toward the middle of my shin, and goes down to the ankle. I WISH I could do a whole leg, but I don't know if I have the tolerance or the money. So far it has taken 3 hours and there are about 4 to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
passt you have a leaf on your leg

look forward to seeing it once you get it done
Eight leaves, actually

I will make sure and post the final product. Thanks guys!
post #6 of 24
Thats cool. I have a lizard on my leg and my husband always tells me..."Hey, there's a lizard on your leg!!" DUH!!!
post #7 of 24
What a great idea for a tat! I love it so far, can't wait to see the final result
post #8 of 24
That is awesome! You should post more pics when it is all finished.
post #9 of 24
Just don't wear shorts around a dog! LOL
post #10 of 24
That's AWESOME Julie!! I love it. I love tattoos - have you ever watched Miami Ink? The girl on there, Kat Von D, has some of the best tatts I've ever seen, and she is a very cool chick. She's literally covered, head to foot, her fingers, the palm of her hand - even a pretty one of stars on her face. Max thinks she's the sexiest thing ever to have lived.

I have a picture of her on my desktop at work - this one. I would love to have the guts to look like her - let's just say it's how I look on the inside!!



I am in the middle of designing a new tattoo for myself at the moment - a tiger. Going to be on my left upper arm to cover up the crappy first tattoo I ever got, where I was so scared of the guy I let him do whatever and have pretty much hated it ever since!!

Can't wait to see pics of your finished product!
post #11 of 24
Thread Starter 
I love Kat Von D. Have you seen her new show since she went back to LA?

Those stars on her face, if only tattoos were more acceptable in all environments, I would love something inspired by that.

My artist does a lot of portraits as well, and even though I'm not a huge fan of them for myself, you know if someone can do portraits that well they can probably do ANYTHING!

Zissou is afraid of it.
post #12 of 24
I have a little treble clef on my lower back. I got it off center so that it wasn't with the cliche "middle lower back" tattoos that a lot of girls my age and younger get. But, I am thinking about adding to it, and taking it across the middle of my back. It wouldn't be symmetrical, which would be cool.
post #13 of 24
my total respects to all people who doesn´t have fear at the needles...
I do!......
post #14 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
my total respects to all people who doesn´t have fear at the needles...
I do!......
It's not the same as a needle like for a shot or anything; you can't see it until they're using it, and it is just a tiny little tip that comes out and goes back in really fast.

My last tattoo I couldn't see them doing, this one was fun to watch. The way it kind of vibrates/pulls your skin up and down is neat.
post #15 of 24
Tattoos are awesome & your leafy tattoo is one of them!
Can't wait to see your tattoo when they finish, make sure to post photos
post #16 of 24
Wow, that is going to look so cool when its done!
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
I love Kat Von D. Have you seen her new show since she went back to LA?

Those stars on her face, if only tattoos were more acceptable in all environments, I would love something inspired by that.

My artist does a lot of portraits as well, and even though I'm not a huge fan of them for myself, you know if someone can do portraits that well they can probably do ANYTHING!

Zissou is afraid of it.
I never used to be a fan of portraits but the more I see the more I like. She has heaps of them - I think we counted nine that we could see last time. I'd love to get my Mum somewhere tasteful, she's so special to me. Unfortunately she wouldn't see it as a compliment at all - in fact it would just upset her. She detests tattoos. I don't know how she's going to respond when I tell her I'm planning for three more!
post #18 of 24
I have 2 but if I ever get another one it will be of my kids.
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
That is awesome! You should post more pics when it is all finished.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalEnchntrss View Post
Just don't wear shorts around a dog! LOL


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Wow, that is going to look so cool when its done!
i just have the one, & am not terribly likely to get any more. if i do, it'll have to be somewhere else i can hide it easily. this current show i'm in, if i have to wear a street-length dress [my character is a corporate secretary] i'll have to do something to cover it up. makeup + tights, i think. i'm hoping i'll be able to wear slacks, tho.
post #20 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva! View Post
I never used to be a fan of portraits but the more I see the more I like. She has heaps of them - I think we counted nine that we could see last time. I'd love to get my Mum somewhere tasteful, she's so special to me. Unfortunately she wouldn't see it as a compliment at all - in fact it would just upset her. She detests tattoos. I don't know how she's going to respond when I tell her I'm planning for three more!
Yea, my mom's reaction was "That's really ... big" I do like portraits sometimes, they're just not my style, they take a lot of technical skill though! Yours, well, it would be for you, not your Mum, so maybe she just wouldn't have to know

Laureen, yea, where mine is I really had to make sure I was willing to hide it for a large percentage of my life. I decided I am
post #21 of 24
Julie that is a gorgeous tat! It's really going to be cool when it's completed and colored. It's so difficult to find a *good* tatoo artist. Mine, unfortunately, died many years ago. I'm so envious of you! (Tats are so addictive, I really really want more but the combination of not trusting the artists I've seen here and lack of funds have made the next one ellusive.)
post #22 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
Julie that is a gorgeous tat! It's really going to be cool when it's completed and colored. It's so difficult to find a *good* tatoo artist. Mine, unfortunately, died many years ago. I'm so envious of you! (Tats are so addictive, I really really want more but the combination of not trusting the artists I've seen here and lack of funds have made the next one ellusive.)
I'm lucky to have two great studios within walking distance. I don't know what it is about Ohio, but we have a lot of great artists. I wish you did too. I can't imagine not finding anyone you trust.

It itches!
post #23 of 24
ohhh the itching stage sucks. Start slapping it. The harder the better. My hubby likes that part its the only time he gets to beat me lol.
post #24 of 24
Thats a beautiful tattoo!

As for Kat Von D, nice to see her being what she wants to be and all, but I think that many tattoos just looks hideous.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › For all you tattoo fans (pics!)