Trick or Treaters?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you still get Trick or Treaters in your neighborhood?

When I was a kid EVERYONE went to each others houses, yea we wore the coats over the costumes, but still, it was a blast. Also Everything happened after 5:00 pm

However the last several years the number of trick or treaters declined in my parents neighborhood (less the 50 kids), most people go at 3:30 pm when its still daylight and maybe a handful after dark.

If we had any in our old neighborhood, I never saw them.

Also the malls took over the holiday where you could go trick or treating in your costume without a coat and get all your candy there.

I'm really curious to find out if we will have any trick or treaters next Wednesday or not. I'm buying some candy just in case, but I know when I left MI I was really disappointed to see the Holiday change.

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
where I live is like Mayberry..so....
we still have tons of good ole fashion Trick o treaters and our town is having a big bash at the local school afterwards..we do t.o.t. from 6-7pm so we get some dark time in..
fun!

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in the UK. The last few years, I haven't had any trick-or-treaters. We used to get quite a few when I was growing up (I was never allowed out) But my mum has even said they don't come round so much anymore.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really. We're in an apartment complex and don't get any trick or treaters--even if the complex did, they never go up to the third floor.

The city we live in never does Trick or Treat night on Halloween. I refuse to give candy if it's not Halloween. Last year they picked Oct 28th. This year the 30th. It makes no sense at all to me.

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The greek system and clubs at my local university host a program for the community kids to go trick or treating in a safe environment, in the middle of campus. They always do it the Sunday on or before Halloween. Last year there was over a thousand kids there plus parents. My current neighborhood I do not have a clue about as I have just moved here. But from all the yard decorations, it looks like we might have a number show up at our house.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kids never come here. They wouldn't get much candy having to walk like 5 minutes in between houses.

When I used to trick or treat (the last time I went out I think I was 14), I used to stay out until like 9 or 10pm. I would basically go everywhere around my house and would end up with about 2 pillowcases full by the end of the night.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We recently moved to this house, so Im not sure here.

At my previous neighborhood, they would have a parade down the center of the street with all the children, adults and animals all dressed in costume and then they would all come back to pick up some candy after the parade.

And a lot of kids from other areas would come to the neighborhood, too. You had to have a lot of candy.

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I never get trick or treaters and im in the UK, Im really surprised as I live in a terraced house its an ideal way they could knock on four doors at once,

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We live way out in the country, so no trick or treaters here. The parents around here usually take their kids into one of the nearby towns to go trick or treating.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We lived in this house 12 Halloweens and have never gotten a trick or treater. Could be because we live on a steep hill in a city where there are flatter sections. Also, we have no sidewalks.
In the last house we lived in in a neighboring city we had lots of kids come. There were lots of families with kids and we had sidewalks. It was fun!
Now we just take our son to one of the other neighborhoods to trick or treat. I leave a bowl full of candy on our doorsteps. Never had one eaten yet, so I only buy candy my husband likes and I don't

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live in Chicago, and I've never had even one trick or treater. The kids go out early, and the stores have candy, so they trick or treat at the stores and McDonalds, etc.

It used to be so much fun. Too bad it's going the way of the dinosaur.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not many trick or treaters in my area anymore either
I am taking my daughter trick or treating but in the last few years less and less houses are handy out candy.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live in the country, outside a small rural town, so no trick or treaters. I *think* some kids are out after dark, but they're the "hoodlums".

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In the city I live in the tradition is to do trick or treating in the afternoon on the Sunday before Halloween. Not sure about the hours but I think it's between 1 and 4. But they do publish the schedule in the local paper.

I live in an apartment and get no bell ringers.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just moved to this town and was told that if I decorate the kids will come. Luckily I live right next to a school and many of the kids walk/and live near my house. I hope I get a little more than a hand full!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Do you still get Trick or Treaters in your neighborhood? "

only if the deer, coon, fox etc come looking for hand outs

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I live in an apartment complex and last year I didn't get any trick or treaters.