Need advice: Ramsey has anemia

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have fleas and it's been a battle. I have Advantage on order that should be here by Monday at the latest. Anyway, Ramsey didn't eat yesterday and I, honestly, didn't think much of it as he's done it before. Today, however, he looked a bit down so I didn't bug him as I usually do. This evening he started to meow and I picked him up, he bit me pretty hard and seemed like he had something stuck in his throat. When I went to look, I noticed his tongue was whiteish. Still has pink to it but definetly white. I took a flea comb and just started going over him like crazy. His undercoat was/is coated in black and I didn't notice as he's long haired. I have one half of him groomed and plan to attack the other half shortly (he's now half naked). I forced 1cc of Pedelight (sp) down him and he took it ok. His tongue is a bit pinker, his breathing is fine (he's asleep right now) and he now is warm (he was a tad cold there for a few minutes).

What I'm wondering is how much and how often to give the pedelight(sp) until I can call the vet in the morning? I plan to force feed him some wet food after I'm done grooming his other side.

Thanks,
Chrissy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I had a way to get him to the ER vet, he'd be there already. I'm guessing anemia as his gums are whiteish and having so much flea dirt on him, I'm going with anemia.

He's about 3 years old and a Persian.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks to Mom Of 4 for at least trying to help. Sadly, Rams passed away at 3:45 p.m. at the vets.

Chrissy

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, hun, I'm SOOOO sorry.
I didn't read this until just now. You loved him, and he knew it, that's very important!