blood in her stool

exoticbabee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Babee seemed fine this morning-she was eating and playing. I would not have known something was wrong if I didn't clean her box. I always clean it before I leave for work and saw that she didn't cover her stools and it was covered in blood. Went to the vet and he said she might have Colitis. He gave her some meds to clear it up-liquid and pill form. Has anyone had experience with this? I'm worried about my Babee.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colitis are the parasites that hook to the stomach lining correct?

If so, that's what Luna had when I first got her. The meds will clear things up in a day or two, but still continue the treatment until the end that its prescribed so that its completely out of her.

If you still see no different by the end of day 2, contact the vet again. Poor girl! Give her a scratch from me!

unicacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my kitten had the same problem, is she in heat?
my kitten just got spayed, and she had some blood in her stool, but the vet told me it was because she was about to be in heat, and it will pass.
if she is crying or yellling when pooping, go to the vet!!!
but if you are concern, take some to a vet, and get it tested. thats what i did, and my hear was relieved when i hear its bcuase she was about to be in heat before i got her spayed.
my prayers....i know how you feel.

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colitis is a form of Irritatble Bowel Disease. It can be acute or chronic, with ulcers in the intestinal lining being the acute phase. It can be controlled by meds and diet.

Stress will cause symptoms to worsen. The hard part is figuring out what are the stressors - the symptoms don't always appear immediately.

When you find out what works, do not vary from that. "Just one" or "just this once" (like different foods) can make a difference.

jenkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

Colitis is a form of Irritatble Bowel Disease. It can be acute or chronic, with ulcers in the intestinal lining being the acute phase. It can be controlled by meds and diet.

Stress will cause symptoms to worsen. The hard part is figuring out what are the stressors - the symptoms don't always appear immediately.

When you find out what works, do not vary from that. "Just one" or "just this once" (like different foods) can make a difference.
Mom of 4 - I was told that my cat "may" have IBS. They won't tell me for sure at the vet. They told me to switch her food AGAIN. Is there a treatment for IBS?

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ExoticBabee

Babee seemed fine this morning-she was eating and playing. I would not have known something was wrong if I didn't clean her box. I always clean it before I leave for work and saw that she didn't cover her stools and it was covered in blood. Went to the vet and he said she might have Colitis. He gave her some meds to clear it up-liquid and pill form. Has anyone had experience with this? I'm worried about my Babee.
I personal ahve not, but my neice has a dog with it, it took a while before they found a medication, and food that worked. I go back to the vet, Chance is now around 8 years old, he has to stick to the one food, and absolutely no treats. He is a very happy healthy dog

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

exoticbabee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm crossing my fingers that the meds work. I hate giving her the liquid one. The vet also told me to put her on a high fiber diet for a while to see if that helps. He gave me Science Diet-it smelled terrible and Babee agreed..she wouldn't touch it. The ingredients were not that great either. The fiber content was 4% compared to what I feed her now, which is 2%. But my food has better ingredients and she will eat it.