I have come to the conclusion that I'm not very smart

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the deal... John is selling a van that he has, the guy came to look at it and he's supposed to come back this evening with the money. This van has been used as storage since the new house went in. And unfortunately, the rats have made themselves at home in it.
John's in a hurry to get this cleaned out, because there's a big auction tomorrow that he wants to go to and he wants to have the money to buy stuff at the auction.

Now, I hate auctions because he insists on getting there an hour early, staying for the entire thing even if there's nothing he wants ("just in case"), and then usually making two or three trips back to pick up stuff that he's bought (usually requires coming back home to get the trailer to go pick up a car).

So what did I just do? I just went out and cleaned out most of the van, got rat poop all over me and a ton of sticky stuff that I can only assume is rat urine. I still have to clean out the rest of it, because John doesn't get home until 5 and the guy wants to come get it around then. We couldn't work on it last night because it was pouring rain.

But as I was cleaning I realized something... if it's not clean, the guy can't come get it tonight, which means John won't have the money, which means there's no point in going to the auction. And yet, I clean it anyway.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure that John knows what you did and that some of the money goes to a treat from him to you

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ahh...I hope you wore a dust mask while cleaning and then took a real good shower!
John owes you.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We go to auctions - DH doesn't go at the beginning unless there are lots of things on the auction list/flyer he is interested in. We go about 1-2 hrs after the start of the auction - you get the best deals towards the end

Be nice now - John might surprise you with something really good at the auction