For those with Nintendo Wii

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The local video store has one for rent and I would like to try it however our main TV is older (14 yrs old) and I don't know if its got the connection for it??

We do have our DVD player , CD player and Tuner hooked up to the TV.

Any suggestions???? (besides buying a new TV)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

The local video store has one for rent and I would like to try it however our main TV is older (14 yrs old) and I don't know if its got the connection for it??

We do have our DVD player , CD player and Tuner hooked up to the TV.

Any suggestions???? (besides buying a new TV)
Write down the type of TV you have (including any type of model number) and go to Radio Shack. Ask if you will need anything to make it work. When they start asking you about your cell phone service after they've answered your questions RUN out of the store.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think if you go to radio shack or some other electronic store they sell a cable that makes older tvs or dvd/vcrs to be able to get hooked up to gaming systems. They arent expensive, maybe $10. Just go in and tell them the situation, they'll be able to help!

EDIT: Lookingglass got it first lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok!!

I'll add that to my errand list. Neil wants some family memebers tom come over for cards-I think this would be more fun to do.

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it just needed a normal scart socket, nothing inparticular. It has three coloured lead ends, that go into a connector, and then into the scart socket (the connector comes with the Wii in the UK) Don't think the age of the T.V matters

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how exactly Wii is set up, but if its like other gaming systems, you should be able to set it up through your DVD player. Then operate it like you would if you were watching a DVD.

Basically where ever you can find a Video & sound input (usually red/white/yellow) then you can link the Wii there.