Question of the Day - October 26th

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
TGIF!!!!

We all know we're animal lovers here, but is there one animal that you absolutely cannot bring yourself to love??

Mine is snakes, I am absolutely petrified of snakes.

I'm afraid of sharks too, but I have a great appreciation for them and find them extremely fascinating...snakes are just yucky

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love my snakes and own them too

I'm not afraid of them... but I don't quite understand the idea behind a pet trantula, or pet scorpion, or any pet bug for that matter, I cant understand how Hermit Crabs make quality pets either... a friend of mine with 2 small children has a huge Hermit Crab and maintains that he is such a great pet and is so... 'funny & full of personality'.... I dont get it... he's a crab... in a shell...

Of course... I suppose its the same as people dont 'get' my snakes... i love and adore them and think they are as adorable as my cats and I certianly think they have personality... so... love is in the eye of the beholder.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, I love everything.
They are all beautiful and lovable in their own way.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it would be hermit crabs or pot belly pigs. IMO hermit crabs are pretty boring (my sister gave one to my son when he was young) and when PB pigs are grown up, they are ugly looking to me

I've had just about every sort of pet: dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, hamsters, fish, snake, lizards, quail, turtles, and a horse

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

TGIF!!!!

Mine is snakes, I am absolutely petrified of snakes.
Same feelings here...

I'm afraid of sharks too, but I have a great appreciation for them and find them extremely fascinating...snakes are just yucky
Well said!!, same apreciation at this animals, I mean Every specie has a important paper on the world!

Cool question Katie!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lore

Of course... I suppose its the same as people dont 'get' my snakes... i love and adore them and think they are as adorable as my cats and I certianly think they have personality... so... love is in the eye of the beholder.
I understand how people love them but I have a HUGE paralyzing fear of them, but I would never hurt them because I know its my issue, not theirs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Cool question Katie!
Thanks Rigel!

Originally Posted by Pami

I understand how people love them but I have a HUGE paralyzing fear of them, but I would never hurt them because I know its my issue, not theirs
I'm the same way, Pam, I have a reaction almost like a panic attack, I can't breath, get sweaty, it's bad
so I wouldn't hurt one either, mostly cause I'd never get close enough

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bugs are not warm and fuzzy (except tarantulas)

But a lot of them are pretty interesting things. I think the Praying Mantis and some larger spiders are pretty cool to watch. If you watch them on animal specials, some are quite amazing creatures that God created

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spiders. I have such an irrational fear of them. Walking through a spider web just freaks me out. Seeing one makes me nauseous, and I can actually feel my bloodpressure skyrocket. As far as I'm concerned, they serve absolutely NO useful purpose. Yes, all you nay-sayers....other things eat bugs....we don't need spiders at all!!!