Tapeworm tabs/Droncit

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know what the frequency of treatment is? Is it two weeks apart? I believe so but I want to double check before I treat my one kitty again. She was treated not last Sat but the one before that.

thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just don't know if there is a difference between Droncit and Drontal in doses. I usually went to the vet for this stuff, now I just do it on my own. The vet always gave Drontal but I am using Droncit since it treats for all 3 worms, makes it much easier to treat all the cats for all three.

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

I just don't know if there is a difference between Droncit and Drontal in doses. I usually went to the vet for this stuff, now I just do it on my own. The vet always gave Drontal but I am using Droncit since it treats for all 3 worms, makes it much easier to treat all the cats for all three.
They are the same drug, praziquantel, and I assume you got the 23mg tablets. One dose is all that is needed.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well tapes are what I need to treat for. I am confused now because I have seen Drontal and Droncit both and some also treat for roung and hook... am I mixing them up?

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Well tapes are what I need to treat for. I am confused now because I have seen Drontal and Droncit both and some also treat for roung and hook... am I mixing them up?
Ok, I went and had another look. Drontal has another drug in it besides praziquantel, Droncit is just praziquantel. There is another product called "tapeworm tabs" (like in your subject line) and it is also praziquantel. Praziquantel treats tapeworms so if that is what you need it for any of those products will work. I hope that made sense, I'm getting tired.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcaregiver

Ok, I went and had another look. Drontal has another drug in it besides praziquantel, Droncit is just praziquantel. There is another product called "tapeworm tabs" (like in your subject line) and it is also praziquantel. Praziquantel treats tapeworms so if that is what you need it for any of those products will work. I hope that made sense, I'm getting tired.
I get them mixed up all the time, ok thank you guys. I have to double check now what I have, I was sure it was droncit all along. But I just buy them from a lady who orders them offline and I can't remember now which it is since I don't have the bottle... so it's just one treatment and I read possibly a follow up depending on the severity and whether or not I am still seeing worms or not