Thank you ideas...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking about sending the recruiters something as a way of saying "thank you".

They really worked their butts off in getting me a job out here, when they could've just dropped me and said "well you were suppose to come do this and now you can't so good luck." Plus most recruiters that I've worked with in the past drop me when I don't get the first position I applied for and I get the line "We'll contact you when another opportunity opens up that meets your experience"

Anyhoo, does anyone have any ideas or have seen anything? I'm thinking maybe gift cards or a gigantic basket (that they can share in the office since I spoke with some other recruiters).

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I worked in the executive search/recruiting industry for many years, and it is wonderful to hear that you had such a good experience with these recruiters and that you'd like to thank them for their time. However, many firms do not allow their staff to accept gifts of any kind so tread carefully -- your thank you gift may not be well received. So, if you're unsure about this, why not send them a very personalized thank you card now, and once you're settled into your new role, offer to take the recruiter who helped you most to lunch?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

I worked in the executive search/recruiting industry for many years, and it is wonderful to hear that you had such a good experience with these recruiters and that you'd like to thank them for their time. However, many firms do not allow their staff to accept gifts of any kind so tread carefully -- your thank you gift may not be well received. So, if you're unsure about this, why not send them a very personalized thank you card now, and once you're settled into your new role, offer to take the recruiter who helped you most to lunch?
Thanks for the pointer
I may just do that then!!