New Cat Tree Needed.....

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am looking for a new Cat tree....anyone know of any good websites that are not tooo expensive, and are good quality??
Thanks!!!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have an AmeriKat tree from eBay. They always get mixed reviews here, but this is my 2nd one and I have been very happy - and so have my three cats! Here are some links that I have saved because they have beautiful trees - a little pricey, but I would really like to get them!http://playtimeworkshop.com, also Tims Discount Pet Supplies, and Cats Play. Check out eBay - that is where I have gotten mine!

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Well, I have an AmeriKat tree from eBay. They always get mixed reviews here, but this is my 2nd one and I have been very happy - and so have my three cats!
Do you mean armarkat? http://www.armarkat.com/ I have one of those and another that is almost exactly the same that I bought from ebay. I have a multi multi-cat household and I'm happy with them. I know a lot of people don't like them but for the price I think they're a great deal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am a multi cat household (I breed persians & Himalayans). I have a bunch of small trees and posts for them, but am looking for something large for them to climb all over and on. My husband keeps telling me that he will make one...but that was 9 months ago, and still nothing. I am better off just buying one. I thought about ebay (any particular seller)...I will have to check it out . . .

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep an eye out for sales and markdowns at PetSmart. I have more cat trees than cats, and the best constructed (and therefore longest-lasting) are the ones I bought from PetSmart.

I have had an Amarkat tree, and it lasted just over a year. I bought it on eBay and the price was good, but considering that it was constructed with pressboard rather than real wood, it just wasn't as durable as those I have now.

I also bought a floor-to-ceiling cat tree for $60 (delivered) from a person on eBay who makes them himself - the kits love it and it makes me wish I had cathedral ceilings, as they seem to get to the top way too quickly!

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I recently purchased an 80' cat tree house condo scratcher on ebay from the seller Go Pet Club for $150.00 (49.99 for the tree itself and 100.00 for shipping). http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/be/e2/a971_2.JPG
I really like it, it is quite sturdy.
The only issue I had was one screw in the installation of the cat condo, but other than that I would highly recommend this tree. I also know that playtime*workshop sells cat trees on ebay, and alothough you'll pay a bit more than I did, the workmanship is meant to be great. Hope this helps!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have bought trees fom several places some being better, but more expensive than others. I have ordered from Gopet and they make identical trees to amarkat, identical in they look almost the same, but gopet trees were so much more substantial.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
catcaregiver;2029247 said:
Do you mean armarkat? http://www.armarkat.com/ I have one of those and another that is almost exactly the same that I bought from ebay. I have a multi multi-cat household and I'm happy with them. I know a lot of people don't like them but for the price I think they're a great deal.[/QUOTE
Yes I do! I really like mine as well, although the kids are wearing through the navy rug as they scratch it. Here is a photo of mine:

Oh my, Cosmo looks so little - he was only 3 months then! He is now a Moose (@8 months) Anyway, this one cost me under $100 including shipping! So I am happy if I can get 2-3 years out of it.
This is a link to another tree I love, but can't afford:http://www.catsplay.com/da62.php3 and http://www.catsplay.com/da62.php3 Check out Catsplay.com!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've bought two trees off ebay from Armarkat and they are both fantastic. No problems with them at all and getting them auction like that saved us a lot of money, you just have to be smart about it.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I also bought a floor-to-ceiling cat tree for $60 (delivered) from a person on eBay who makes them himself - the kits love it and it makes me wish I had cathedral ceilings, as they seem to get to the top way too quickly!
Was it this kind? http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWN:IT&ih=009

I just bought our very first cat tree (we haven't even had little scratching posts!) off of ebay and the girls have been in love for the past month that it's been here. Willow never left her chosen perch for a whole week, lol, and most of the time, you'll find at least one kitty on there. They're still learning, though, like last night Buffy figured out how to climb to the third level without jumping (just hauling herself up along the posts, lol). And it could just be a coincidence, but Willow hasn't had any litterbox incidents since.

The tree in the link above (that's my baby now, haha) gets posted on ebay every week or so, and the starting bid is, I think, a penny. Keep watch on that seller and you could end up with a steal. Even shipping to Canada was reasonable, $73 or so (only $20 above the American rate) for 70lbs.

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, thank you everyone!! I have a lot to look at tonight. I am hoping within the next week and a half to have purchased one...

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, and I forgot to mention, the tree a purchased has solid wood posts, which increases stability

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow!! That is a nice one you built! Wanna built one for me??

My husband told me about 9 months ago that he would build one....well I am still waiting. I figured if I don't go buy one, I am never gonna get one (if I keep waiting on him).

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vrgchs

Wow!! That is a nice one you built! Wanna built one for me??

My husband told me about 9 months ago that he would build one....well I am still waiting. I figured if I don't go buy one, I am never gonna get one (if I keep waiting on him).
My husband built it.
He had procrastinated it a few years, but last May Raven was diagnosed with cancer. He wanted Raven to have a tree to play on before he goes to the Bridge.
It was very sweet of him.
He pretty much built it within a week. After we move he's going to build a set of (carpeted) stairs like they sell on Dr Foster & Smith. All 3 cats spend lots of time on it.