Progress with Ira the semi-feral

jimmylegs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

we brought in these 3 semi-feral kittens recently and have been struggling to get them tamed. like others in this situation, i had been dimly thinking they'd never show any interest in humans...

Last night I was feeding one of the adult cats and Ira (in the middle, above) came up. i held out my hand and he sniffed it and then turned sideways and leaned towards me to get petted! he arched his back and stuck his tail in the air. he let me pet him a coupe of times before he strolled off. this doesn't seem like that big a deal but i feel like i've been working so long to get him to feel comfortable enough to basically ask to be touched.

i'm sure you folks can appreciate this sort of thing! it's been so frustrating since they *look* like they should be such sweet cats! too bad they can't speak english.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, really, that IS a big deal! Congratulations!!!

My former feral Ferris has turned into a rather demanding, attention-hog lap cat. And for MONTHS after I adopted him, I was POSITIVE that he hated me and that he'd never come around - I've never been so pleased to be wrong!

Keep up the good work!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's awesome!
Any step a feral kitty takes toward trusting and learning to accept love is a big deal and a reason to celebrate!
Keep up the good work!