Cat vomiting excessively and not eating but is was using his litterbox

luvzmykatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's hospitalized at the vets right now but he didn't eat for three days and vomited any fluids injected for all three days. The vet seems stumped. He was using his litter box ok and seemed to have no trouble with those functions so it's not a blockage or UT infection with he has a history of but he must of vomited at least 30 time the last 3 days. Has anyone else experienced simptoms like this with their cats?

ms.blackie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

Yes, sort of. My cat got sick;
2 hrs ago on Thanksgiving day. Vomited for over 24 hours, till
I could take her to vet on Friday. Vet did tests, Iv Fluids,Xray
looking for blockage. Gave her something to stop vomiting.
Anyway she was there till
Monday and they never did find anything wrong with her.

I suspected a house plant maybe. Just dont know.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maverick had a case of excessive vomiting about 3 months or so ago. The vet said he thought that Maverick had eaten something like a poisonous spider or something (which made sense, b/c he'll eat all kinds of weird stuff that he shouldn't), and would be okay after he got it all out of his system. Once he threw it all up, he was okay...

I hope it's nothing serious and that your furbaby will be okay.

~KK~

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A couple years ago, my cat had a bout of vomiting. I came home to 10 piles of puke! Turns out, she had a massive hairball she was trying to hack up, and finally got it out but it took all day and several tries.

I don't know what's wrong with your kitty. She could've gotten into something. Please take her to the vet and do tell us what the vet says.

Here are some vibes for your kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvzmykatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got him back the Friday after I hospitalized him. He seemed to do fine for a couple weeks on the meds. I took him off the meds because I was almost out and he seemed to be ok then last night he vomited again twice not a lot but enough to get me concerned. I gave him some meds again and this morning he looked fine. I had switched him within the last few days to Science Diet in the hopes that would be easier on his system. I'm calling the vet today for his advice but I'm not sure what to do. I can't afford to hospitalize him again and I don't want to see him suffer. Right now he looks ok but I afraid he going to get bad again. He usually get really sick really fast.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BE VERY CAREFUL! Is he eating?
Did you vet do any bloodwork?? this is the EXACT symptoms my cat had, and she is just pulling through after a month of fighting for her life from Feline Hepatic Lipidosis. They get it from not eating and the only obvious symptom is vomiting. Sometimes the antiemetics are enough to get them to pull through because they feel naustious and that will get them to eat.... Check the skin by his ears and see if it looks yellowish, also check his gums and see if they are lighter then usual, he might be jaundiced. I would reccomend some bloodwork.........that tells SO MUCH.

luvzmykatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's doing fine as long as I keep him on the meds. The science diet stuff didn't seem to agree with his stomach either so I may try the perscription stuff and then try and ween him off the medicine. Apparently the meds can cause problems too and then they have to be tested every 3 months to check for damage which is pricy too.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvzmykatz

He's doing fine as long as I keep him on the meds. The science diet stuff didn't seem to agree with his stomach either so I may try the perscription stuff and then try and ween him off the medicine. Apparently the meds can cause problems too and then they have to be tested every 3 months to check for damage which is pricy too.
YAY!!
I'm glad to hear that Ricky is doing better!

Consistant meds can cause problems if they are given for long periods of time. Ask you vet for advice about this...

I'm not an expert in the food department, but there are other peeps here who may be able to help you: I believe that Sharky's one of them. Maybe you could send her a PM for advice..

More good vibes for Ricky!

~KK~

luvzmykatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have serious misgivings about keeping him on meds. I think in the long run it may cause more problems but for now he seems fine.