This morning, I noticed a problem with my cats left eye *Pics*

coldfusion

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There seems to be inflammation and there was junk on it that I cleaned off, but the inflammation still remains. She doesn't seem to be affected by it, and is behaving normally. I was hoping one of you knew what it was. Here are the pics:

Was going to take her to the vet tomorrow, unless you guys say otherwise. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It definitely looks inflamed to me. I think taking her to the vet is a very good idea.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the very least I'd call the vet. That look like it might feel a little tender too.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a gorgeous cat! Thank you for making that vet appt. -- definitely she should be seen by a doctor. Does she go outdoors/do you have other cats or other companion animals? She could have gotten "clipped" by a claw, but that's only one possibility. GOOD LUCK at the vet's and sending out healing thoughts for your beauty (what's her name and story, btw?)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coldfusion

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

She's a gorgeous cat! Thank you for making that vet appt. -- definitely she should be seen by a doctor. Does she go outdoors/do you have other cats or other companion animals? She could have gotten "clipped" by a claw, but that's only one possibility. GOOD LUCK at the vet's and sending out healing thoughts for your beauty (what's her name and story, btw?)
Her name is Dixie. She is a 12 year old black cat, so its unlikely that any injury was the cause. I'm pretty sure its bacterial or viral. Hopefully not too serious.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, Dixie's so cute! She reminds me of Spencer; he's mostly all black, and has a little white patch of fur on his chest too (and one white toe - it's so cute!).

I don't know what's causing Dixie's eye inflamation, but it looks infected to me.
I would at least call the vet, to see what he/she recommends...

I hope it's nothing serious!

~KK~

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This happens from time to time with my older cat. Take her to the vet sooner rather than later to make sure that the cornea isn't scratched. Dixie will probably get drops to be put in her eye a couple of times a day.

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by coldfusion
It looks like he has a scratch above his eye. I could just be seeing things, but it looks like he has a scratch.

Manda

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, they can. Just like they can get pimples...

It does look like a scratch to me, though. Maybe she got caught on a bramble or something?

Does she go outside? (If so, off-topic, but keep her inside around Halloween--bad time for black kitties.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coldfusion

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry I didn't mention that, she's indoors only, no other cats.

This is an old post so I might as well give you guys closure. The cornea wasn't scratched.

She got antibiotic cream that i had to put on her eye lid and she would basically rub it around trying to get it out. A very unique way of applying it to the area. Let her do the work. anyway I did that for two weeks, and she was healed.