Petco

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Deservers a hand
they are setting up fundraisers to help people in Southern California and helping get out food for their pets and the fundraisers are being set up across the nation so be sure and buy from them. And they are setting up donation stands at their stores to help the people in Southern California and their pets.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great... I am so releaved that the pets are being looked after so well. After Katrina it was bad from everything i've seen and heard. At least for the California wildfires they are allowing pets into the shelters and setting up sanctuaries for the larger animals. I will definately be donateing

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darn - I just stocked up on cat food/litter before the fires got bad. Won't be making another trip for about 2 weeks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Darn - I just stocked up on cat food/litter before the fires got bad. Won't be making another trip for about 2 weeks.
Well there is always Secret Santa presents and I am sure your santa would love toys for their kitties that also helped someone else's babies. That's what I am planning to do.

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A family with a gorgeous cat was interviewed yesterday. The refugee place at the stadium apparently is well-equipped for cats and dogs. They were very impressed with the fact they didn't need to bring anything to the spot for their pet, although of course they did.

I'd like to donate though if there is a place to donate for the animals.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nellers

A family with a gorgeous cat was interviewed yesterday. The refugee place at the stadium apparently is well-equipped for cats and dogs. They were very impressed with the fact they didn't need to bring anything to the spot for their pet, although of course they did.

I'd like to donate though if there is a place to donate for the animals.
There are many stories like this. So far the most amazing one was late last night. A family in Rancho Bernado had to leave the miniature goats behind. When fire fighters got to the home it was too late. The home was a total loss. But....as they were looking around they stumbled across the goat pen there they were scared and dirty but alive. They were on the news looking a bit shell shocked but okay. There are stories like this all over the place. There are even a family of ducks a Qualcom right now just hanging out in a wadding pool.

Now as far as helping the animals, most of the things needed can only be donated if you live here, due to logistics. Qualcom is in dire need of ice for the animals. The temps have been in the upper 80s lower 90s in the area. They a voicing concern of heat stroke. There is just not enough ice to go around. El Cajon animal shelter is asking for canned dog and cat food and also for towels and bedding. All the places taking livestock are in need of hay and feed. Large animal crates are in dire need everywhere. Food for small and exotic(ie reptiles and rodents) is badly needed. The best thing people can do if you live out of state is donate the the San Diego Humane Society and ASPCA. I have included the link to their rescue effert page.
I am so glad and thankful for places like Petco but I also need to send a shout out to all the small mom and pop stores. We went to buy Karma some wet food today and our local store hadd a sign up that said sorry for the inconvinience but they were donating their time and supplys to the Humane Society. They said on the note they were at Qualcom. Most litte places are doing that today.

Here is the link for the Humane Society and ASPCA, with a donate button.
http://www.sdhumane.org/site/PageSer...WitchcreekFire

The main office in listed neer the bottom of the page. That is where things should be sent. From what they say they are okay on food but need some other things. They have their wish list posted.