Halloweeen costume needed!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OKay, I just became a Brownie (girl guides) leader. I have never been a brownie leader I have always dealt with the younger kids so I need an Idea for a not too threatening costume. The costume party is on Monday the 29th.
Oh BTW CHEAP would be a plus!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to www.costumeideazone.com they have a lot of really cute ideas and most you can make at home for under $20!
One of my favorites is party cloudy with a chance of showers. You dress in blue scrubs and hot glue cotton balls to yourself to look like clouds and carry a water gun and shoot people when they ask what you are!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Go to www.costumeideazone.com they have a lot of really cute ideas and most you can make at home for under $20!
One of my favorites is party cloudy with a chance of showers. You dress in blue scrubs and hot glue cotton balls to yourself to look like clouds and carry a water gun and shoot people when they ask what you are!
That is hilarious!!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's hilarious!

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ah, now I want to be one!!

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I did trick-or-treat street at the school I was a cowgirl. All it was was some cowboy boots, denim jeans, a button up flannel and a cowboy hat. I wore my hair in pigtails. You may have some of this stuff at home so it is very cheap

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember in my old high school a girl who took one of her large stuffed animals, a flamingo, tore out the middle stuffing, put herself in it with pink stockings and sewed on fake cowboy legs to the sides so her top half of her body was a cowgirl while the bottom half was the flamingo, complete with flamingo feet! She even had a saddle and reigns and would flick the reigns and run like a flamingo across the food court! It was so funny and ingenious, she won first prize for best costume!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

I remember in my old high school a girl who took one of her large stuffed animals, a flamingo, tore out the middle stuffing, put herself in it with pink stockings and sewed on fake cowboy legs to the sides so her top half of her body was a cowgirl while the bottom half was the flamingo, complete with flamingo feet! She even had a saddle and reigns and would flick the reigns and run like a flamingo across the food court! It was so funny and ingenious, she won first prize for best costume!
Thats awesome!
They have a costume like that at walmart but its an ostrich and it blows up! One of my friends almost got it!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thats awesome!
They have a costume like that at walmart but its an ostrich and it blows up! One of my friends almost got it!
I probably could be done with almost any type of stuffed animal. Let your imagination run 'wild'!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ummmm..how about a ghost?

Well, that's always an easy one!
That reminds me of the guys at my old high school who came to school dressed as trees, they duct taped leaves and small branches to their clothes!
Then there was the trio of band dudes who dressed up like Braveheart men. Yes, they had the whole blue paint, kilts and what-not.
Ooh, ooh! How about those blow up costumes? The cow is awesome!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where would you get a "blow up" costume?

if I can't find that...

I am thinking of possibly being a "bee keeper" I have one of those bee keeping hats with the mesh and all I need is a whole bunch of fake bees that I can velcro to my clothing.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

if I can't find that...

I am thinking of possibly being a "bee keeper" I have one of those bee keeping hats with the mesh and all I need is a whole bunch of fake bees that I can velcro to my clothing.
I don't know, probably at Target. They have a 'fat' ballerina, hula dancer and sumo wrestler from the same brand. At least, they did a few years ago.

For bees, you could make little bees out of those tiny colored craft cotton balls, the ones that don't come apart like normal ones. Maybe use permanent marker on them to get the stripes and then velcro them to your bee keeper outfit, or use fabric glue. Just an idea.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

if I can't find that...

I have had two really good costumes - once I went out as a "dominatrix"!
That was a real attention getter - especially since I took a "Big John" blow-up doll as my date!
I guess you didn't mean THAT kind of blow up costume, did you?

Another good one was the year I dressed as a "cat" - black leotard and tights, I actually "copied" the look of the costume from a costume in Cats-made a tail, and gloves in black crushed velvet, wore a red collar with a jingle bell on it and then did my face as a tiger - I looked awesome, if I do say so!