So hungry but can't eat much

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately I've been getting so darn hungry but when I eat I can barely finish my food because I feel full so fast. For example, I made chili the other night and I can't even finish a small bowl full.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How quickly do you eat? If you eat really fast sometimes you gulp a lot of air and can feel full.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

How quickly do you eat? If you eat really fast sometimes you gulp a lot of air and can feel full.
I actually do that a lot but this feels different. It's like I start eating and the food just becomes unappatizing or something. I try to eat as much as I can, which hasn't been very much, untill I feel stuffed. Then I just feel hungry again in an hour because I really haven't ate much.

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would honestly go to your doctor and talk about it. Something else could be going on. I've never heard of anything, but it's possible the "full" receptors in your stomach could be misfiring. I say that in all seriousness! You could have an obstruction of some sort.

Are you on any medications? If so, check the side effects. A lot of meds can have loss of appetite as a side effect. If you're reacting to a medication, you should get your doctor to lower the dosage or try something else.

Good luck!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with going to visit your Dr. Better to be safe than sorry

Hope you feel better soon!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are you eating (other than chili)? Chinese food? Soup?

If its not anything light such as a salad or half a sandwich or something, I would definitely check with the doctor on that.