Why is he licking her bottom?

vickywild

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My male cat is licking my female cats bottom.
They are brother and sister and she is showing no signs of being in heat

help?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One word: Dominance.

Cats that bath another cat are generally showing off their dominance. Whitey will do that to Beauty and Patches, Patches does that to Whitey and Beauty. Luna licks f=her own butt.

And just look away as I find it VERY disgusting...kind of like that old saying
"You can pick your nose, your friend can pick their nose, but never ever pick your friends nose"

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats a regular ritual around here ......... ewwwwwwwww ...... I just always hope that they dont do it when someone is visiting.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine do it to each other too. But it gets more intense if they are in heat, so keep a watch out and get them neutered well before they become active, around 4 months, or even earlier if your vet will do it.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's interesting... Frankie is my Alpha but Wickett tries by ambushing her and trying to groom her. Both of which usually end with him being chased upstairs.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

get them neutered well before they become active, around 4 months, or even earlier if your vet will do it.
Kittens can go into heat at 4 months, and it would be very dangerous if they did become pregnant at that age so please do get them spayed/neutered soon. If you can only afford one at a time, I'd get the girl done first.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
mhm

Berach and Chloe clean eachother's booties all the time.
Bea is the outsider and won't usually let either of them come too close to her, she's so dramatic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vickywild

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The male is actually in today, getting nuetered.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good
Just remember it takes a month for their hormones to settle, during that time everything is still 'active'

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a lot of attempted butt licking in my house. Stanley tries to do this to Bella (usually when she's distracted --like over the food dish)--as though she won't notice

It usually results in her turning around and tackling him. Then she licks his head to show him who's the boss