I hate socks

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All summer I've been wearing sandals and my feet have been fine. Now that it's chilly I've been wearing shoes and socks and now my feet are all itchy and sweaty all the time.
Even when I take my socks off my feet continue to itch because they get all dried out!!! Any advice?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

What type of material are they made of? If they don't absorb the moisture it can make it worse.
Plain white cotton

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What type of fibers are your socks made of? If you have sweaty feet, you might try to get socks that wick moisture away. Also, there are foot powders that you can use to keep your feet dry during the day. Then when you get home, you can take your socks off and put lotion on if they dry out too much. I prefer cotton socks or Merino wool.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Perhaps you need one of our UK members to "bless your little cotton socks..."
Is that like saying "Bless your heart" in the south??

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

All summer I've been wearing sandals and my feet have been fine. Now that it's chilly I've been wearing shoes and socks and now my feet are all itchy and sweaty all the time.
Even when I take my socks off my feet continue to itch because they get all dried out!!! Any advice?
must be a hoosier thing.
i'm the same way.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have to admit i kinda got used to sandles when i was living overseas.
I really cant stand socks anymore.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i have to admit i kinda got used to sandles when i was living overseas.
I really cant stand socks anymore.
It's the same way for me too, since moving to Texas. I rarely have to wear socks now, but when I do..

I just posted the comments that I don't like wearing socks in the "Good Things About Cold" thread - how funny!

~KK~

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally agree! I hate wearing socks and I hate even more having to wear both socks and shoes inside.

However I had to get an orthotic for my left foot which I had broken a couple years ago and was giving me so much pain that I could hardly walk some days. So now I have no choice but to wear socks and shoes inside because having an orthotic and not wearing it defeats the whole purpose behind having an orthotic.

If your feet are getting hot and sweaty have you tried a foot powder such as "Dr Scholls" or "Gold Bond" in order to help keep your feet dry? Also changing to different shoes a few times per day helps.

Perhaps buy socks that aren't so thick and make sure that they are 100% cotton, not a blend which will have synthetic material in it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

That happens to me to.

Try spraying deoderant on your feet!!
Oooh, that's a good idea!! I've tried powders and stuff but my feet still sweat.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I hate socks..I cannot stand them on me when I am going to bed.

Do you have breathable shoes? Or do they just sweat anytime even not in shoes?