Bug Bite???

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The other day I noticed that sometime during the night I got bit by something. Well yesterday I noticed that the area around it is all red like the size of a nickel. Today I have a bad headache with some tummy issues and I feel all lethargic. It's a nice day out today but I feel kinda chilly. Any ideas if this could be like an allergic reaction? I have no insurance so going to Urgent Care is $140.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If my mom lends me the money to go I will. Because I have a whole $1.16 in my account. She is going to take a look at it later to see how bad it is. The only reason I'm concerned is because I've never had a reaction like this to a bite. And in Az we have some pretty poisonous incests.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SkyeCat0117

If my mom lends me the money to go I will. Because I have a whole $1.16 in my account.
I know how you feel money wise!! I am in the same boat!
As far as the bug bite, do you notice red streaks coming from it? That's a major poisoning sign. Watch for a fever and swelling. If you develop a fever you should definitely go! Hope you feel better soon!

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

As far as the bug bite, do you notice red streaks coming from it?
It almost looks like a red blob bruise.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to even say the word, but since so many people over here are coming down with it, have you thought of MRSA?

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

I hate to even say the word, but since so many people over here are coming down with it, have you thought of MRSA?
I dunno what that is?

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

If you haven't heard of it yet, that must mean that it isn't a problem in your area. Just ignore me - I have been listening to too much news lately
Any sort of idea is helpful.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Possibly scorpion sting? Certain species can cause bruising, nausea, headaches, and chills.

Unfortunately, they will try to hide wherever they can. This could mean one easily crawl up a blanket hanging off the bed (or the bed itself) to hide in the blanket folds.
I've caught three of them attempting to do exactly that in my bed. One crawled over my foot, luckily my instant reaction is to freeze.

Look up symptoms for scorpion stings for the scorpions in your area and see if they match. Arizona (if your location is correct) has different species then I'm use to, so I don't know the severity of stings from the ones there.

(ps - SkyeCat, you may want to fix your spelling of insects in your second post -post #4
)

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Staph....
Well...I guess anything is possible!
Usually staph gets into a wound and enters the body that way... at least that's how cases I've read about happen... You should really go get it checked out though!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have brown recluse spiders in your area? It sounds like the reaction a person would get from that bite. It will poison your system, but not kill you from one bite, but the skin around the bite will start to decay.

Regardless, I would definitely have it checked out if you can.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to say it, but maybe a Brown Recluse spider bite?
I know their bites can be deadly, and can make you violently ill. I've seen pics of their bites, and also on people in person: they're horrible looking!

In any case, I'd definitely be concerned w/ it, and have it checked out immediately if there isn't a change soon.

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Do you have brown recluse spiders in your area? It sounds like the reaction a person would get from that bite. It will poison your system, but not kill you from one bite, but the skin around the bite will start to decay.

Regardless, I would definitely have it checked out if you can.
We posted the same thought at almost the same time..