Coffee Maker recommendations?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I bought my current coffee maker less than 2 years ago and we loved it for the first 6 months. It has been dying a slow death ever since.
I'm looking for a new one and I am having a really hard time finding one with decent reviews. I need one with a timer and auto-shutoff in white or stainless steel.

Do any of you have one you would recommend?

cat52

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Krups - my 1st lasted 10 years, and I'd still have it except they stopped making the pots for it and I broke my last pot... my 2nd is going strong & it has the features you want, PLUS I love the built-in water filter. I got my Mom one 12 years ago and she still has it, no problems.

Krups has its own site (you'll have to Google it, this ain't my PC and I don't have the site handy) and a lot of pots to pick from.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought a Melitta 12-cup for our office group 16 or 17 years ago. It has a timer and auto-off, and is white. It has given not a single problem, and is still going strong. We have a little 4 cup Melitta at home (no extra bells and whistles) that has been terrific for almost as long, too. I'd definitely buy Melitta again without thinking twice.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my parents a Bunn a few years ago and they use it at least twice a day and it is going strong- not sure if their model has an automatic shut-off, but I'm sure they make one that does

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by yasmine

I have a Gevalia coffee pot. I've had it for 3 years and love it
Made by Gevalia? or does it have the Melitta name on it, too -- that's where our little 4-cupper came from.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always had great luck and longevity from Bunn, Mr. Coffee, and Krupps.
For minor replacement issues (carafe, baskets, etc) Mr.Coffee is the best (and cheapest).

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband won't let me drink coffee!
So, we have tea instead. He says that coffee can get expensive on the long run and ruin your teeth.
I used to drink coffee in Korea at my old squadron during the exorcises. We had an ancient coffee maker but it still worked!
It was also Korean!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got a Mr. Coffee automatic coffee maker. It's been running for 3-4 years and was only $50.

The one thing I'm not too fond off is that there is a lip on the inside of the pot, basically to help seal in the heat. Once its done brewing the machine turns itself off (which is a bonus
)

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cat52

Krups - my 1st lasted 10 years, and I'd still have it except they stopped making the pots for it and I broke my last pot... my 2nd is going strong & it has the features you want, PLUS I love the built-in water filter. I got my Mom one 12 years ago and she still has it, no problems.

Krups has its own site (you'll have to Google it, this ain't my PC and I don't have the site handy) and a lot of pots to pick from.
How funny is this? I was going to say don't get a Krups because I have gone through so many of them...and I am only one person, so they are hardly "over-used"
I am a HUGE fan of anything from Cooks Essentials on QVC - everything in my kitchen is a Cooks Essentials product. I have an old grind and brew coffee maker - at least 7 years old -at least - and I still love it - I can grind or not, but it still makes great coffee!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't make POTS of coffee, my husband makes a cup in the morning... I'll make a cup in the morning after I get the kids all done in the morning (breakfast & dressed etc), then MAYBE we'll have a cup in the evening on the weekend or something.
I can't drink more than 1 cup a day, 2 ONCE in awhile due to medical reasons, my husband drinks more... so we got a KEURIG coffee pot.

It's where you make 1 cup at a time with the K-Cups.

You can buy the K-Cups at Target & at Gloria-Jeans OR Online on their Website. When we DO get coffee... we get it online, as it offers the most variety & shipping is free when you order 4 packs +. My husband likes the Green Mountian Varieties, & I like the Gloria Jeans better.

We LOOOVE the coffee pot.

It's always fun for company... offering them a cup of coffee... they generally say no... we dont want you to have to make a pot... we're like... oh no... pick a flavor
its just a cup

Also, you can buy the KEURIG coffee pot at Target, if you live by one of those.

http://www.keurig.com/

yasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Made by Gevalia? or does it have the Melitta name on it, too -- that's where our little 4-cupper came from.
It says Gevalia on the front of it. I havent seen Melitta on it. Its stainless and black..which goes with my kitchen so thats why i ordered it. Once i got the coffee and coffee maker, i cancelled my subscription.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Cuisinart Grind and Brew Thermal DGB-600

http://www.cuisinart.com/catalog/pro...id=34&cat_id=3

I love this one. It has a built in grinder. And with the thermal the machine shuts off after it brews but the thermal container keeps it hot ALL DAY LONG without cooking it and making it taste bitter. I love it!
I have this one too...it's great

I also have The Flavia Fusion where I can make Cappucinos and macchiato's etc...and just regular cup of coffee so FAST I love IT!!https://www.myflavia.com/myflavia/Re...hopfusion.aspx

cat52

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You certainly now have a wide selection of recommendations!

On the Krups - I drink a lot of coffee, and use the thing four times a day. Maybe I've just been lucky?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for your suggestions everyone.
My old coffeemaker really struggled making a pot this morning, so today I will head off to the store armed with all of your suggestions.

cat52

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But Karen, what brand do you have? I know I've been wondering which one of us touted the exact same coffeemaker you're now replacing

btw, is the water hard in your area? It is where I am, so I don't wait for the Krups to give me the "CALC" message, I clean it with vinegar about every two weeks - so does my Mom clean hers - I think that may have prolonged its life...