TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Do you ever find yourself justing wanting to be with your kitties all the time?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you ever find yourself justing wanting to be with your kitties all the time?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Do you ever find yourself just wanting to be around your kitties all the time and not going out and socializing anymore with friends or family? It seems that all I want to do is be around Sash, it seems like it takes such an effort anymore for me to want to go out and socialize with anyone anymore, even relatives. I've never been one much to socialize a lot, but I think I've gotten much worse and much more obsessed with just being with Sash all the time.

About the only thing Will and I do is go out to eat, and even then sometimes I can't wait to get home to see Sash! Don't get me wrong I still love going places and doing things or I go insane, but it's just harder for me to tear myself away from Sash.
post #2 of 18
uh oh, sounds like you got an acute case of catititis...
post #3 of 18
I'd be perfectly content to stay home all day and watch Chuckie eat, poop, play and sleep. He's just soo gorgeous and purry!
post #4 of 18
Are you possibly going through some stress, or depressed about something? You sound concerned about it. I don't think it's a bad thing to want to be with your cat, take a mental health break with the loving kitty, but not if it's to the extent it bothers you...sort of undoes the good the break might be giving you.

Relax & enjoy some time with your loving furfriend, let the time restore your energies, & see if you feel more like socializing whenever - but don't fret over not wanting to go out at the present time. I think we all have our "vant to be alone" periods.
post #5 of 18
Oh I totally know what you are talking about! And it's only gotten worse since loosing my job this summer. I used to be at work and suddenly start thinking about the girls and everything. I've left them a message on the answering machine before.

Now that I'm home I just don't know what I'll do once I'm working again! I mean I'm normally a home-body anyway. And I am fine with just having a few outings a week. I really like staying home all day if I can. Oh and I love my new nightly routine, Noodles sleeps on the desk in front of me while I'm on the computer, and Mooch sleeps in the chair next to me. They just give me the warm fuzzies! Some nights I even find it hard to leave them to go get in my own bed next to my husband! (They don't sleep in our room because of DH's allergies.)
post #6 of 18
The cats have been loving it since neither of us have been working the past month. I'm concerned that is the only reason why Luna has been a super good girl lately and that when I go back to work she'll be her manic self again.

When I was working though, I was like that. I hated my job and didn't get a long with a few key people there. So when I got home all I wanted to do was cuddle with Luna or whitey.
post #7 of 18
I do love being with my kitties, but usually when I have this feeling that I only want to socialize with the furry set and my virtual cat loving friends, it's a sign that I'm withdrawing and depressed.

Let's hope your guy is just great company
post #8 of 18
Actually I'm having one of those days today. It's super slow at work, I'm tired & forgot to take my happy pill yesterday. So all I really want to do is go home & curl up on the couch with my fur babies.
post #9 of 18
We miss our kitties all the time - even when they are sleeping...
I'm at work right now & I miss our little fuzzies so much. I keep looking at their pictures
I can't wait to go home & greet everyone Hugs & Kisses for all of our babies!
post #10 of 18
YES! I feel like such a looser sometimes! I just miss them so much and can't wait to get home and see all three running to get pets.
post #11 of 18
I have to really fight against that feeling, because although I think it wonderful to interact with our cats, it is not healthy to ignore human socialisation too! But sometimes it is hard - my cats are much nicer and more interesting than most humans.
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyranson View Post
I have to really fight against that feeling, because although I think it wonderful to interact with our cats, it is not healthy to ignore human socialisation too! But sometimes it is hard - my cats are much nicer and more interesting than most humans.

I know it's not healthy, that's what scares me. Sometimes I think I smother the poor boy, all I do is hug and kiss him when I'm around. Sometimes I think he get's tired of me.

I do have interaction with people at work, sometimes too much interaction for me. I'm the type of person who cannot tolerate people's moods well, I'm a moody person myself and I get brought down very easily if someone is in a bad mood around me, even friends and family. Sash just seems to make me feel better since he's always in a good mood. I think it's also the fact that he's getting older, and I just want to spend all my time with him. I cherish him so much.
post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat52 View Post
Are you possibly going through some stress, or depressed about something? You sound concerned about it. I don't think it's a bad thing to want to be with your cat, take a mental health break with the loving kitty, but not if it's to the extent it bothers you...sort of undoes the good the break might be giving you.

Relax & enjoy some time with your loving furfriend, let the time restore your energies, & see if you feel more like socializing whenever - but don't fret over not wanting to go out at the present time. I think we all have our "vant to be alone" periods.

Yes, a lot of stress this past year. I've moved twice in the past year, so it hasn't been an easy time for me. I do struggle with depression too at times and some other issues. I'm still trying to find the "magic pill" to help.
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalee View Post
I know it's not healthy, that's what scares me. Sometimes I think I smother the poor boy, all I do is hug and kiss him when I'm around. Sometimes I think he get's tired of me.

I do have interaction with people at work, sometimes too much interaction for me. I'm the type of person who cannot tolerate people's moods well, I'm a moody person myself and I get brought down very easily if someone is in a bad mood around me, even friends and family. Sash just seems to make me feel better since he's always in a good mood. I think it's also the fact that he's getting older, and I just want to spend all my time with him. I cherish him so much.
that's why I truely think that people who own animals DO live longer. They have that "pick-me-up" when they come home.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles View Post
I've left them a message on the answering machine before.

but have you taught them to press the playback button?
post #16 of 18
Yes! I hate leaving them when I go to work. I think about my babies all day...oh, and DH once or twice.
post #17 of 18
With Bella I NEVER wanted to leave her and couldn't wait to get back home even if it was a short errand I had to run, and when she got sick I NEVER left her...my Dh did all the running around and bringing dinner home

The other ones, I love them but, they all have each other and I think they are ok without me...Bella was all about ME
post #18 of 18
I have BIG issues when it comes to my kitty cats. from losing Babygirl, my demeanor with these babies is SO MUCH DIFFERENT. I trust no one to take care of them, so I do not go anywhere overnight And I know they are sooo use to me, so I always feel bad when I leave to run an errand.

And then when I walk in the door and they are all greeting me at the door, it makes me feel worse. When its time to go to sleep and they all come running to get in the bed

To me, I dont care whether anyone thinks its normal or not, its the way I am and its my normal. I love my cats and I know they totally rely on me. I know they wont be here forever, so I will be here for them and spend as much quality time with them as I can.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Do you ever find yourself justing wanting to be with your kitties all the time?