KISMET --> angel and last hope

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talked with my friends dad who is a vet, and we had tentativly made the decision to let her go. I took her to his clinic and we sat and talked, he looked over her and said she is admittedly bad, she won't survive surgery and I've done so much, but because I cant get the drugs in her she will just slowly die.....however he can get the drugs in her.

He put an e-tube in her and she was very quiet and accepting, no distress. So he has taken her, home to his house, no hospital, no stress. He is giving her 24 hours, injecting the drugs (to stop her from throwing up) then trying her food through the e-tube. He said he'll keep her as long as she is making progress.

He is truly my and Kismet's angel. There is no guarentee, and almost no hope. But he is a good man, and she will be looked after, and I prepared eitherway.

This day has been the biggest rollercoaster roll of my life, and I am just praying and praying that my little girl will give it one more shot......

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That is such hopeful news. Sending lots of vibes to you and Kismet that she improves.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds promising....but at any rate, you are trying everything, you are giving her one last chance at life....and she is in good hands. that this works!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your baby.
I hope that a miracle will occur, and she'll be all right. If you have to let her go, it's only b/c you love her and don't want her to suffer.

Good vibes & blessings are being sent your way...

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I've been lacking on the updates, since the vet took her I've had to try to get some stability back in my life, and deal with all the things I've been neglecting (including my fridge which currently has milk, mustard, 4 cans of wellness, one can of A/D and one can of recovery formula.........haha)
In anycase so far it's the best news I could hope for. Kismet is being very good and the vet said she is in no distress, so he is going to keep trying. She was the best cat he has ever had to put an E-tube in, and since he has her at home at night, and the clinic by day he can push 3-4 mL of liquid diet every 30 minutes, and it doesn't stress her out like the feedings, she actually practically sleeps through it he said, so she is in a MUCH better situation. Also the injections to stop her from throwing up have been working. I am going to go visit her tomorrow and I just can't wait. Her keeps telling me that I did everything I could, and although it didn't make her better, that I kept her alive, and that it is one of the hardest diseases to treat, because often things get FAR worse before they get better, and because of that a lot of cats (almost my poor baby.......) don't make it.

He is still (of course) guarded about the prognosis, but I honestly couldn't be happier or feel luckier right now........

As for TCS, without this board, she would probably be dead. The vet gave me incorrect advise initially and without the help i found here I would have been stranded for the weekend initially and who knows.........so thank you everyone so much and keep your fingers and toes crossed....

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad she is doing better. I will keep praying for you and Kismet. I hope she can make a full recovery.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful that she is hanging on in there. She has the right name! good vibes coming for continued improvement.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I haven't been updating. It's hard because it's such a SLOW process getting her back. She is about the same, gaining a little strength and taking the odd bitefull of food on her own, but nothing extraordinary, not that we expected it.......but I'm still very very very hopeful. I pray for her everynight, and I am very excited for the weekend so I can go visit and I'll get a better idea of how she is doing hopefully. The vet keeps telling me to be patient.....it's still a long uncertain road, I am just so happy she is getting help, and he said for sure not in any discomfort or pain, she is alert still......so I just have to keep hoping.....

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

Sorry I haven't been updating. It's hard because it's such a SLOW process getting her back. She is about the same, gaining a little strength and taking the odd bitefull of food on her own, but nothing extraordinary, not that we expected it.......but I'm still very very very hopeful. I pray for her everynight, and I am very excited for the weekend so I can go visit and I'll get a better idea of how she is doing hopefully. The vet keeps telling me to be patient.....it's still a long uncertain road, I am just so happy she is getting help, and he said for sure not in any discomfort or pain, she is alert still......so I just have to keep hoping.....
I understand but it would be great if you could stop by and update even if it's just to say that nothing has changed. It at least lets us know she is still doing ok. Otherwise we start to worry!
Every baby step she takes is encouraging.