lucifer, the tokay gecko

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i finally got a better shot of lucifer, our new rescue tokay gecko.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

oooooo I've always wanted one of those.....they are so pretty! Is he friendly?
um..no...LOL....he barks and bites...not really something you can cuddle..more of an observation pet
"love from afar"

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tink80

um..no...LOL....he barks and bites...not really something you can cuddle..more of an observation pet
"love from afar"

His colors/pattern is so unique.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is beautiful! You do a lot of reptile rescue?

My brother took in two Thai Water Dragons (think that's correct name). They had been kept in cages so small that their noses and tails were messed up from rubbing against the sides.

He got them all healthy and loveable again and then adopted them to a reptile lover.

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

He is beautiful! You do a lot of reptile rescue?

My brother took in two Thai Water Dragons (think that's correct name). They had been kept in cages so small that their noses and tails were messed up from rubbing against the sides.

He got them all healthy and loveable again and then adopted them to a reptile lover.
to be honest, i've had reptiles in the past but i usually got them from a breeder. the reason why i've recently rescued this gecko, an iguana, and a chameleon (all from the same lady) was i was appalled at the conditions they were living in.

the gecko: came to us in a tank with nothing for him to climb on, hide in, etc. it was like they bought him a glass tank and put nothing in it..no wonder he's grumpy!!!

the chameleon: had a pretty good setup but she insisted it needed to be handfed "because she doesn't know how to eat on her own"..chameleons are easily stressed and don't like to be handled so often. after a day at home with us, we saw for ourselves she eats on her own just fine and seems happier to catch her food herself.

the iguana: this herbivore was being kept alive on dog food and rose petals and his "tank" was actually a cat carrier. she didn't hold him at all because she was scared of him.

in conclusion, i think she meant well..is probably an animal lover herself but obviously knows little about reptiles.
so, that's how i became a reptile rescuer as of late

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

You are doing a wonderful thing! What does Kuan Yin think of the new arrivals?
thank you
she thinks she would like to eat the gecko and chameleon's exciting food that hops around and intrigues her...the crickets