Goodlife Recipe - Sharky please help?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying to convince a friend that Goodlife Recipe is NOT a good food for her cats. I was wondering if Sharky could analyze the ingredients so I could pass that along to her. I've been trying to convert her for ages to something healthier. She doesn't have a lot of money to buy the real premium stuff, and she will only buy Purina. Is there another Purina kind that would be better than this garbage? Thank you so much for the help!

Ingredients:
GROUND CORN, CHICKEN BY-PRODUCT MEAL, CORN GLUTEN MEAL, ANIMAL FAT, CHICKEN, WHOLE GRAIN BROWN RICE, NATURAL POULTRY FLAVOR, DRIED PEAS, DRIED BEET PULP, WHEAT FLOUR, RICE, BREWERS DRIED YEAST, SALT, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, WHEAT GLUTEN, CHOLINE CHLORIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, DRIED SPINACH, DRIED TOMATOES, DRIED CARROTS, SKIM MILK POWDER, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, TAURINE, DL METHIONINE, MINERALS (ZINC SULFATE, COPPER SULFATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, POTASSIUM IODIDE), IRON OXIDE, VITAMINS (dl-ALPHA TOCOPHEROL ACETATE [SOURCE OF VITAMIN E], FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN A ACETATE, L-ASCORBYL-2-POLYPHOSPHATE [SOURCE OF VITAMIN C], VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT, NIACIN, RIBOFLAVIN SUPPLEMENT [VITAMIN B2], d-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENT, BIOTIN, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE [VITAMIN B6]), VEGETABLE OIL (SOURCE OF LINOLEIC ACID), CHLOROPHYLL, NATURALLY PRESERVED WITH MIXED TOCOPHEROLS, MARIGOLD MEAL

Guaranteed Analysis %:
CRUDE PROTEIN MIN 34
CRUDE FAT MIN 13
MOISTURE MAX 12
CRUDE FIBER MAX 4.5
LINOLEIC ACID MIN 1.4
CALCIUM MIN 1
PHOSPHORUS MIN 0.8
TAURINE MIN 0.15

Extra Information:
VITAMIN A MIN. 11,000 IU/kg, VITAMIN E MIN. 250 IU/kg

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
To guarantee that you get a response from Sharky, it would be better to PM her the question directly.

If you're looking for input from others as well, it is best to not direct the question right at Sharky as others may skip your thread.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry. I didn't PM because I'm not in a huge hurry. Input from anybody would be welcome, I just put Sharky on there so maybe she would look at it when she got a chance.

If I broke a rule or something, I apologize.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With the GoodLife, you get all sorts of colors or poo. And it stinks.

The biggest thing is the sheer amount of grains, at the shelter, when feeding GoodLife vs. Purina, there was more poops on GL(not that Purina is good, but GL is that bad!)

Purina Naturals isn't half bad, if you can talk her into it, Wal Mart's Maxximum is even better.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I am trying to convince a friend that Goodlife Recipe is NOT a good food for her cats. I was wondering if Sharky could analyze the ingredients so I could pass that along to her. I've been trying to convert her for ages to something healthier. She doesn't have a lot of money to buy the real premium stuff, and she will only buy Purina. Is there another Purina kind that would be better than this garbage? Thank you so much for the help!

Ingredients:
GROUND CORN, CHICKEN BY-PRODUCT MEAL, CORN GLUTEN MEALCORN or Corn gluten is fine BUT NOT the MAIN protein source... by product is not just organs .. it can be head ft undevelped eggs, ANIMAL FAT, CHICKEN, WHOLE GRAIN BROWN RICE, NATURAL POULTRY FLAVOR, DRIED PEAS, DRIED BEET PULP, WHEAT FLOUR, RICE, BREWERS DRIED YEAST, SALTTOO HIGH ], POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, WHEAT GLUTEN, CHOLINE CHLORIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, DRIED SPINACH, DRIED TOMATOES, DRIED CARROTS, SKIM MILK POWDER, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, TAURINE, DL METHIONINE, MINERALS (ZINC SULFATE, COPPER SULFATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, POTASSIUM IODIDE), IRON OXIDE, VITAMINS (dl-ALPHA TOCOPHEROL ACETATE [SOURCE OF VITAMIN E], FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN A ACETATE, L-ASCORBYL-2-POLYPHOSPHATE [SOURCE OF VITAMIN C], VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT, NIACIN, RIBOFLAVIN SUPPLEMENT [VITAMIN B2], d-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENT, BIOTIN, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE [VITAMIN B6]), VEGETABLE OIL (SOURCE OF LINOLEIC ACID), CHLOROPHYLL, NATURALLY PRESERVED WITH MIXED TOCOPHEROLS, MARIGOLD MEAL

Guaranteed Analysis %:
CRUDE PROTEIN MIN 34
CRUDE FAT MIN 13
MOISTURE MAX 12
CRUDE FIBER MAX 4.5
LINOLEIC ACID MIN 1.4 VERY LOW
CALCIUM MIN 1
PHOSPHORUS MIN 0.8
TAURINE MIN 0.15

Extra Information:
VITAMIN A MIN. 11,000 IU/kg, VITAMIN E MIN. 250 IU/kg
OVERALL this is LOW end food with a few higher ingrediants but the GOOD ones are NOT the BULK
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

To guarantee that you get a response from Sharky, it would be better to PM her the question directly.

If you're looking for input from others as well, it is best to not direct the question right at Sharky as others may skip your thread.
.. thank you

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Purina Naturals isn't half bad, if you can talk her into it, Wal Mart's Maxximum is even better.
Maxximum is a knock off of purina one's formula. Depending on plant though, maxximum does get fresh non frozen meat (here they buy human grade meat from a local meat packing plant - Bar S), except for lamb since it seems to be harder to get.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone! I'm armed and ready for battle

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

OVERALL this is LOW end food with a few higher ingrediants but the GOOD ones are NOT the BULK

.. thank you
Sorry
I'm not too bright sometimes

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

Sorry
I'm not too bright sometimes
It was not directed at you but everyone...lol.. MY PM box is always open

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Maxximum is a knock off of purina one's formula.
Yes, but Purina One has byproducts and Maxximum does not.