RIP sweet little orange cat

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't usually go in here much, because it is always so sad. But, there is a poor orange cat, that needs blessings for a safe passage to the rainbow bridge. My wife went to visit or friends sanctuary yesterday. They received a call of a poor orange cat that needed help. When they found the poor baby, he/she was paralyzed in both back legs and was in real bad shape. They rushed the cat to the vet, where the vet discovered that this poor cat had been shot and had a bullet lodged in it's spine. It was in such an area, that the vet could not remove the bullet surgically and the cat had to be pts
We do not know who this cat belonged to. Orange kitty, we did not know your name or why anyone would do something so horrible to you. RIP sweet one, you are now free of your suffering. I wish only that we could have done more for you
May God bless you little one and may you now run free in the warm sun, over the bridge.

There was another orange cat who suffered a different fate. This one was caught in a leg hold trap
However, he is still with our friend at her sanctuary, but had to have one rear leg removed. My wife tells me, he is such a loving purr baby too. I sure hope they can catch these jerks who would do such a thing.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest in peace little Orange kitty.

internet is a bad place to admit stuff, but when i used to hunt, i would pull up traps and throw them in the a lake/pond/or break them , cant stand trapping. hope that one finds a home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Rest in peace little Orange kitty.

internet is a bad place to admit stuff, but when i used to hunt, i would pull up traps and throw them in the a lake/pond/or break them , cant stand trapping. hope that one finds a home
Leg hold traps are horrible, glad you would destroy them
The other has a home now with our friend, unless he gets adopted out. I would love to take him, but it's not possible with jealous bobcats in the house. But this boy is now in good hands.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little orange kitty.
You will suffer no more after your journey over the bridge. Rest in peace, precious little soul.

calicoblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Blessings to you and your wife to be such guardians to that little life and helping end his suffering. I just will never understand why humans can be so....so...cruel to another living being...

maggie5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Although there are a lot of sad stories on this site, take comfort in the fact that there are people out there who LOVE cats so much that losing them is like losing a family member. And for every person out there who is unkind to these fur friends (and we all know about karma right?), my hope is that there are 50 who would step up to take care of them. You are one of those good people.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
John,

God Bless you and your wife for taking care of these babies. It must have been quite a shock to her to find the cat in this state. It's just unbelievable that people could even do such a thing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On a more possitive note. The orange boy who had his leg caught in the leg hold trap is doing great. You would never even know it happened. He is so happy and still willing to purr his heart out.