Popsie, I love you but keep your spit to yourself

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I was petting Popsie in bed and he shook his head and flung a drop of spit right on my eyelid!! He does that quite a bit actually and it always lands somewhere on my face. YUCK

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww...your petting felt so good he was drooling!

I know what you mean though. Gizmo doesn't drool, but he has sneezing fits (vet thinks it's allergies) and he insists on crawling up on my chest and then sneezes 5-10 times in a row....and my face is covered with kitty snot. I'll take spit over snot any day!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewwww, gross.
Tosh has a constant leaky eye (no vet can ever figure out what it is) and he will come up on the bed and shake his head splattering me with it.
I feel for you. The things we take cause we love our kitties so much.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

... Tosh has a constant leaky eye (no vet can ever figure out what it is)...
Just an aside: it might be the same thing our Abby has, where the duct that normally lets tears drain into the nasal passage has become clogged or damaged, so the tears spill out instead. It's not always repairable, since the structures are so tiny and delicate...

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I know what you mean though. Gizmo doesn't drool, but he has sneezing fits (vet thinks it's allergies) and he insists on crawling up on my chest and then sneezes 5-10 times in a row....and my face is covered with kitty snot. I'll take spit over snot any day!
I can relate to that! One of my former fosters (who is now mine) has chronic URIs. My bed is under the window and one night she jumped up on the window sill and proceeded to sneeze profusely! It was raining kitty snot.
Talk about disgusting.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Just an aside: it might be the same thing our Abby has, where the duct that normally lets tears drain into the nasal passage has become clogged or damaged, so the tears spill out instead. It's not always repairable, since the structures are so tiny and delicate...
Yes, the thing we were just told by our vet. He has had this since he was born (so 12 years). Thanks for the information!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tiger drools too. It's usually when he's sleepy. I can't blame him though...I tend to drool too when I sleep.