Zuke's hip action treats for arthritis - has anyone tried these?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I chose to use Catswell Happy Hips Chicken Breast instead with Alix. Nice and simple ingredients are Chicken Breast, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Flaxseed Oil,Vitamin E Supplement.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I'll look for those. The more pure the ingredients, the better.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gigi my dog uses the Zukes... Made in USA
... Dogswell was removed from my local store when the owner found out it too was made in CHINA...I am just a bit gunshy about foods not made in the USA or Canada or EU

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Gigi my dog uses the Zukes... Made in USA
... Dogswell was removed from my local store when the owner found out it too was made in CHINA...I am just a bit gunshy about foods not made in the USA or Canada or EU
I would refer folks to the dogswell website...http://www.dogswell.com/ - see their posted lab results and more.

Many of us find their products safe and continue to carry them and use them on our own pets. I would NOT give Alix anything I did not feel **completely** confident in. Nor would I recommend a treat I felt was not safe.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I would refer folks to the dogswell website...many of us find their products safe and continue to carry them and use them on our own pets. I would NOT give Alix anything I did not feel **completely** confident in.
That is the issue ... I was feeding them since the local rep told me they were made in the USA ,... the print was fine/... They likely are fine and I should call myself
... but I will note Gigi is doing better off them..

NOTE ... Very impressed with the testing... Feel confident to open and use some bags on my shelf now ...Thank you Pat

http://www.dogswell.com/?section=faq#j29

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a sample of Zuke's hip treats from the company. My cats wouldn't eat them. And they smelled TERRIBLE.
Raven wouldn't even eat them and he'll usually eat any treat.
We haven't tried any other glucosamine treats.

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use both the Zuke's and the Catswell glucosamine treats. Each is liked by one of my cats and not the other
. They both seem to work well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all of these responses!

My cat doesn't care for the Cosequin powder, so I was wondering if the treats would be a good substitute (if she'll eat them). Otherwise, I'll need to ask the vet if it's OK to give her the Cosequin as a pill, rather than sprinkled on her food. She definitely needs something for her arthritis - she 'sits' by squatting rather than sitting down all the way, although she can still jump up on things. Hopefully the glucosamine will help her to feel better. I'm glad they're working for those of you who are using them.