When to introduce wet

lioness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our cats have started a new dry food for about 5 days now. When should I introduce wet food? Do I even need to feed it at all?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes I advise too feed wet ... I would likely wait another 2 weeks to intro

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know sharky is the authority on food around here but two weeks? really? I'm interested and would like to know why the wait?

I've never had a problem switching my cats food over as long as it's gradual. and TBH I'm not even that gradual... they seem to be fine, but am I unwittingly causing them harm by switching their food over so quickly?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by saya

I know sharky is the authority on food around here but two weeks? really? I'm interested and would like to know why the wait?

I've never had a problem switching my cats food over as long as it's gradual. and TBH I'm not even that gradual... they seem to be fine, but am I unwittingly causing them harm by switching their food over so quickly?
These are kittens ... they had an issue with the dry switch ... the two weeks is to allow time for tummys to fully adjust.... See most dry foods ( true premium) may contain one to three meats and maybe one organ/// wet is FAR FAR more complex as many have four meats and four organs.... so it is just a time to give them a NEW thing rest and maybe there tummys will settle... I use this for the VERY young and the very old///