Woo hoo!!!! We're moving!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
We found out half an hour ago we got our dream house! We saw it for the first time yesterday, we were the first buyers to come through as the open day is tomorrow (which is now cancelled)!! We sold this house almost 3 weeks ago and have been fretting because of our price range, and buyers are really quick and ruthless this time of year. We went through alot of numbers and inspections and didn't think we'd get anything, at least not so quick.

Just to give you an idea it's built into a slope, the front garden is split level (from the front fence you cannot see the house, until you actually walk up the drive, so its more secure), beautiful pergola covered in wysteria, roses, natives and other beautiful flowers. The backyard is split level as well. Lower level being the clothesline and nice shaded grassy area then the top level has a fire pit for burnoffs, composts, vege/herb/berry gardens, some fruit trees and a chook pen!! It's like a smaller version of where Tristan lives!

The coolest bit? Before you step up onto the yard area, around the house is beautiful retaining walls and plants, and there is a pond in one corner that when it floods, instead of flooding the house, they designed an overflow out of concrete/pebbles to make it look like more riverbed, so the overflow goes into there along side the house like a little river!!!

Did i mention the block of land is 1500sqm?? We've gone from a great big backyard for 19 years, to a teeny patch of grass and noisy units over the fence, and now this block of land is over TWICE the size of the house i lived in most my life!! Mind you it's on a main road, but it's white noise (instead of random loud hoons zooming past the side of our house which is only a few metres from a supposed quiet suburban street), the house is set far back, and there's no footpath type things for people to just wander into so we're further away from hoons and neighbours.

Obviousely Chuckie will still be indoors being that we're near the main road and he would run across it the first day we let him out, but there is way more room that we can build onto the current enclosure and make it alot bigger for him, or we can even use the chook pen! We have never had chickens, and this is fully fenced and big enough to build ramps and things for him to climb on.

OMGG

And because i'm in a such a good mood, and kinda freaking out and now my head is sore, i'll forgive you all for not noticing i haven't been talking for a whole week!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds so beautiful! Congratulations! I'm so glad it all worked out the way you hoped.
When do we see some pictures, hmmmm?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

It sounds so beautiful! Congratulations! I'm so glad it all worked out the way you hoped.
When do we see some pictures, hmmmm?
Well as we only found out today and we aren't living there yet, we are not allowed to take pictures of the house and i cant show yo u any from the real estate website. Invasion of privacy and all. Settlement is January 21, so we have 3 months to get ready, so it's pretty much a short recovery from Christmas and straight into it. But once we're there and settled i'll take pics, and also make sure i take some of the hopefully developing vege garden. The lady who lives there looks after a disabled son. They are moving interstate for warmer weather. She has done wonders with the garden, it is so pretty and manicured and colourful. I can only hope we can do it justice.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! go you!!! Fiance` and I are currently l00king at h0uses just 0utside 0f Melb0urne, but at this financial rate i think we need heaps 0f help fr0m 0ur parents

mystiquesmummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thats great news! We just found out a few weeks ago we are moving into our dream house too! We have actually lived right next to it in a house exactly the same 3 years ago for 7 years and we really missed it so finally a house is available we snapped it up. We also arent going anywhere till Jan soo loads of time to pack and get ourselves sorted... sorry for my ramble - your house sounds awesome!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Yay! go you!!! Fiance` and I are currently l00king at h0uses just 0utside 0f Melb0urne, but at this financial rate i think we need heaps 0f help fr0m 0ur parents
I hope you get your O key fixed soon lol

Warrandyte was too far from the station, we're moving out on the cusp of Lilydale/Mt Evelyn. Have you been around there? We've heard from a few people we know that it is a nice area to be in. It's just a pain looking at different bus routes

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I hope you get your O key fixed soon lol

Warrandyte was too far from the station, we're moving out on the cusp of Lilydale/Mt Evelyn. Have you been around there? We've heard from a few people we know that it is a nice area to be in. It's just a pain looking at different bus routes
Niceness, yeah ive been there a few times but it was years ago!!

Trav lives out in Diggers Rest, next to Sunbury. Its actually a nice area, they are planning on building 5,000 houses on this land that is just down the road thats pretty much on the way to Water Gardens. So we are looking at investing a property there

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
many good vibes for not stress during the move!...

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know that you were very worried about what your new house would be like so I am glad to hear things worked out for you! Congratulations and we expect pictures as soon as you are able!