Products that work!

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm that sucker who buys every new product to come out on the market. Most of the time the product doesn't live up to expectation, but every now and then I come across one that makes me so happy I try everything.

Today, it is the new Magic Eraser with scrubber. I've used the one for the walls, and boy does it work to take out scuffs. Then when I saw them advert for a new one with a scrubbing side that works well on bathtubs I figured it was worth a shot. I just put it to work in my tub and with very little effort, it really just cleaned it up. I was shocked. I've tried almost everything, everyone has a trick, but nothing works like this.

I've always had a ceramic tub, but this new one is plastic. I love it because it's large, but it's really not fun to clean. I get my tub really dirty too. Moscow and I hike every weekend, and we both use that tub. By the end of a week, there is a dark film that accumulates and is really hard to get out. The Magic Eraser scrubby thing really works!

Just thought I'd share. Anyone else hae a product or two that has actually performed as promised?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need to try that one! I had the orriginal ones a while back and they worked great at taking marks off the wall. The people that owned this house were big time smokers and it took the gunk off the wall in my kitchen, which has since been repainted anyway. Oh and I hate cleaning my plastic bathtub too. Especially since DH's first roommate got the brilliant idea to paint it. Now the paint didn't stick, but it did...so my shower surround always looks discolored.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never thought the magic scrubber would work either but it really works "just like magic"!!! I used it on my apartment walls when I moved out so they wouldn't charge me for painting the walls. The walls were terrible from all the cats jumping on wobbily furniture and scuff marks from me bumping the walls with things. I never got charged for new paint!!!!!!!

I really like Arbonne's cold soar lip ointment. It works wonders and I get AWEFUL cold soars.

Another thing I really like is Wal-Mart's dish washing detergant. It works great and is the cheapest there.

Great thread idea by the way! I will be checking in often!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I need to try that one! I had the orriginal ones a while back and they worked great at taking marks off the wall. The people that owned this house were big time smokers and it took the gunk off the wall in my kitchen, which has since been repainted anyway. Oh and I hate cleaning my plastic bathtub too. Especially since DH's first roommate got the brilliant idea to paint it. Now the paint didn't stick, but it did...so my shower surround always looks discolored.
Wait... he painted the bathtub?????

mystiquesmummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We use those magic erasers all the time in the house we love em- Last time we bought em Tigger actually pulled them out of the shopping bag and chewed on the plastic so it seems he loves em to

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I
the Magic Eraser. I recently rediscovered it.

I always have the problem of dry lips. Finally one day I shelled out the $3 for Burts Bees Lip Shimmers...let me tell you they last the longest!!! I mean, not just the tube itself, but the length of time of reapplying.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another great thing magic erasers are good for is cleaner sneakers! My converses get horribly dirty from work and it works wonders! They look like new now! Also works great for getting that nasty brown ring out from around the drains! I HATE cleaning so any tips for cleaning I love!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just the opposite of you -- I'm a very hard sell, and it takes a lot to get me to trust an advertiser's claims. But a few years ago, there was an ad for a new laundry stain remover in which they simply showed how the two separate liquids mix together when you squirt them onto the stain and undergo a chemical reaction that loosens the stain from the fibers. There was no hype -- just straightforward information that made perfect sense to me. I couldn't WAIT to buy that product!

And it works exactly as advertised... it's amazing stuff. But I never can remember the name of it! I just recognize it in the store, a translucent white bottle with clear liquid in one side and pink liquid in the other. It works miracles!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cairo

Wait... he painted the bathtub?????
Yes! Well I think it was just the wall part.... it looked rediculous! If he painted the inside of the actual tub part, it didn't last long. If you ever see pics posted of Mooch and Noodles playing in the tub (their favorite spot) you'll see what I mean. It's got some mildew like stains too I can't get out. DH and I have both scrubbed and scrubbed that tub.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

And it works exactly as advertised... it's amazing stuff. But I never can remember the name of it! I just recognize it in the store, a translucent white bottle with clear liquid in one side and pink liquid in the other. It works miracles!
Spray N' Wash Dual Power?

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Yes! Well I think it was just the wall part.... it looked rediculous! If he painted the inside of the actual tub part, it didn't last long. If you ever see pics posted of Mooch and Noodles playing in the tub (their favorite spot) you'll see what I mean. It's got some mildew like stains too I can't get out. DH and I have both scrubbed and scrubbed that tub.
Our previous tenants apparently wore my tub all the way down... I have black spots that aren't dirt... they're the underside of the 'white' bit...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm guessing the Spray N' Wash probably has peroxide in it?

I've used the regular Magic Erasers, they work decently enough but tore easily.. or maybe I just scrub too roughly?
Most of the stuff I could scrub out using other cleaners and stuff around the house if I'm determined enough. Often just baking soda alone works wonders.

I'm very hesitant to buy into any product's gimmick, especially anything on infomercials.

harlowquin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love my Dyson animal sweaper. It truely never looses sucion. It really is great for pet hair. The day I got it in the mail (won it from Ebay) I had just sweap the livingroom floor. I got the Dyson out of the package and wanted to try it out so I went over the livingroom again. I was totally shocked at the dirt and dust it picked up! I mean I had just sweap it with my old sweeper. Yuck, it really grossed me out. I just love that I don't have to buy bags for it. The only two drawbacks are the price and the fact that you have to have a new gargbage bag to empty it into so you don't have all the dust and dirt flying around when you empty it.