Creepy

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two times in the past month I've been in my kitchen and heard what sounded like a man talking down stairs in the faimly room. I couldn't make out words just a voice. I the first time I heard it I thought the TV was on but then realized it wasn't. It's really creepy.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you live by yourself? I find when I'm by myself I hear things too. I always think I hear someone really far away saying my name. It's creepy!!!! I don't think I could ever live alone. I've watched too many scary movies!!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Uesugi

If you have a tape recorder, you should leave it on and see if you catch anything!
WHAT??!!! Do you WANT to make the poor lady have a heart attack??

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaylacat

OMG. I would run out of the house.
Me too!! As I said before, I have seen way too many scary movies! I wouldn't be able to sleep in that house.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

WHAT??!!! Do you WANT to make the poor lady have a heart attack??
It's actually a good idea. Just think of it as interesting than creepy. Who knows what your little 'ghost' might say!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

It's actually a good idea. Just think of it as interesting than creepy. Who knows what your little 'ghost' might say!
I wouldn't live long enough to hear what they had to say. As soon as I hear or see anything I know I would die from fear.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I used to visit my parent's place and bring my cat along, in the evenings I would catch a glimpse of this huge black cat that sneaked in and my cat would be just chill like they were best friends. The huge black cat would run off so quickly and silently that I'd second guess myself that I saw it. I'd go downstairs and the window screen would be pushed in, so I knew something definitely came in.

The creepy part is, I would see this cat in the neighbor hood in the mornings occasionally, and every time I tried to get near it, it would make it's way toward this one house, and this mean old lady would whisper under her breath sort of harshly at me not to go near the cat. Strange foreign accent too.

Apparently, when I or my cat is not around, the cat completely ignores my parent's place.

Oh, and voices... Shami makes strange meows that sounds like people's voices sometimes.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if it is a ghost(which i dont beleave in) there dead cant do anything to you.
tell them unless they are paying rent, get out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

Do you live by yourself? I find when I'm by myself I hear things too. I always think I hear someone really far away saying my name. It's creepy!!!! I don't think I could ever live alone. I've watched too many scary movies!!
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Is your neighbors close enough to have a tv/radio on really loud?
No I live with DH but both times he's been at work when it's happened. I wouldn't be able to hear a neighbors TV either. The strange thing is that both times I heard the voice it sounded exactly the same. You know like pitch and loudness. If I hear it anymore I might do some investigating.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
whoa, um .... I was just about to click reply with a nice thought out question when for some random reason the power cut
. But anyway, are there any pipes or motors or anything you can think of? I know in my house(because it's very old) there are pipes that sometimes "talk" and it freaks me out, lol.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ive been hearing voices and someone whistling ever since the mirror breaking. Ive gotten used to it and figure whatever it is isnt hurting us so I might as well not mess with it. I try not to think about it.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to hear a man talking in a monotone once in a while, in my bedroom. I'd turn everything down but I could never make out what he was saying. One day I was playing on my computer and I heard it so I muted the sound and listened really hard. I finally figured out it was coming from my computer speakers, but it wasn't through the computer. Maybe the wires were picking up cell phone conversations or radio or something. It wouldn't go louder or quieter no matter what I did, and came through even with the speakers turned off.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

if it is a ghost(which i dont beleave in) there dead cant do anything to you.
Tell that to whatever forcefully shoved me down the stairs in the house I grew up in. My arms were skinned up, back was skinned and scratched, and I had quite a few bruises from that tumble.

I used to hear stuff in that house all the time. It got to the point that I constantly had a tv or stereo on for background noise so I wouldn't be able to hear it, especially when trying to sleep.
Didn't always work, it got louder or found other ways to harass me.

But despite that, look for the most logical answer first. Some people have problems with their ears that makes them think they're hearing human voices, white noise such as fans can create a background noise that sometimes makes you think you heard a person talking, and of course sound can carry from a neighboring house. Don't let the season/month make your imaginations go overboard.

....Sometimes that knocking noise in the other room is just the cat getting into something in the kitchen...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I know my ears play tricks on me a lot because I do have hearing loss in one ear. Normally I'll think I hear someone saying my name or when I go to bed I sleep with a fan on so I think I hear a radio playing.
It's just strange that I would hear a mans voice talking in the exact same tone and everything. Also as I've mentioned both times I've been in the kitchen and it came from the family room downstairs. Everyone has brought up good possibilities and I'm not trying to argue but it's just so dang weird.