Ah Geez - How Sad...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went outside to check on my stray Momma cat's new batch of kittens, and found one of them dead.
I don't know what could have happened, but I think a dog or something may have gotten into the yard and killed the poor baby. I heard a ruckus going on outside last night between cats & dogs, but didn't see anything when I went out to check what was going on. But I think that must have been what happened: the Momma was trying to protect her babies from some stray dog..

I was already starting to get attached to the babies: now I'm crying like the big boob that I am...

May his/her little soul rest in peace.

~KK~

calicoblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I just went outside to check on my stray Momma cat's new batch of kittens, and found one of them dead.
I don't know what could have happened, but I think a dog or something may have gotten into the yard and killed the poor baby. I heard a ruckus going on outside last night between cats & dogs, but didn't see anything when I went out to check what was going on. But I think that must have been what happened: the Momma was trying to protect her babies from some stray dog..

I was already starting to get attached to the babies: now I'm crying like the big boob that I am...

May his/her little soul rest in peace.

~KK~
I'm sooo sorry to hear about your little baby kitten. Some things are just so out of our control, Sweet but know he was loved and someone like you cares enough to shed tears for his brief little life. You are so not a big boob...you are a great BIG HEART!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CalicoBlue

I'm sooo sorry to hear about your little baby kitten. Some things are just so out of our control, Sweet but know he was loved and someone like you cares enough to shed tears for his brief little life. You are so not a big boob...you are a great BIG HEART!!!
Thanks for your kind words, and for understanding - even if I am a big boob.

I had my s/o bury the baby (b/c I'm a big boob and couldn't handle it
) and he said it didn't look as if the poor baby had been attacked by anything. We've come to the conclusion that a snake may have gotten to the baby, b/c my s/o said he saw one the other day when he was doing yardwork (he almost got nailed by it himself). I haven't seen any of the other babies since the night we found the dead one, so I think that Momma Cat probably moved them somewhere else. I sure hope she did, anyway; I sure don't want anything bad to happen to them either - even if it does mean we'll have more mouths to feed.

~KK~