Thunderstorm

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Send vibes you guys!! Thunderstorms are rolling through tonight. We are already under a tornado watch. There's a tornado two counties away.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having severe storms and a tornado watch here in Northeren Indiana. Vibes for you to be safe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It looks like we're gonna get hit.
Tornadoes scare me sooo much!!!!

pennicat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First windstorm of the season here for us. Already there are thousands of homes without power (I'm lucky
The last big windstorm left some homes without power for over a week.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH, the kitties and I spent 20-30 minutes in one of our bathrooms because we heard the Tornado Warning sirens. All is well now. We're still under a watch until 11 or midnight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We don't have sirens close enough for us to hear them. My boyfriend won't let me watch the weather because he says I obsess about it. I just don't want to die for being ignorant! I want to know what's going on.

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
trying not to hijack this thread but I wanted to share the following.

Another major storm just blew through my area (northern TN 45 min NW of Nashville). I lost half of a tree. luckily it fell away from the house. It landed across the power line from the pole to the house and the line for the cable as well. We still have power but just barely. I am on a neighbors connection atm for the internet so I can check on things. When the tree fell across the power line it pulled half of the power meter off the house. Now just to hear back from the power company about what to do about the tree and meter. Wife is in a tizzy and I am having a ball watching the lightning. Time to go try and take pictures. Later

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rachel, your boyfriend is crazy! Forewarned is forearmed, and you need all the information you can get when there are tornados around! Tell him to hand over the remote or your TCS friends are gonna come smack him around...

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather network says its supposed to storm overnight here. It probably wont be bad or wont end up happening though.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The storms rolled through here too, nice heavy rain and some hail in the central part of the state. Funny thing was, I didn't even know for most of the day that we were in a tornado watch, it was nice and sunny out.

Originally Posted by rachelh1018

We don't have sirens close enough for us to hear them. My boyfriend won't let me watch the weather because he says I obsess about it. I just don't want to die for being ignorant! I want to know what's going on.
You obviously have access to an internet connection, there are many online sites for weather including your local news stations sites.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate tornados....I totally freak out in severe weather! It has been raining on & off, well, mostly on all the time, for about 3-5 days....I can't remember how long. But we've had over 6"....rain gauge is overflowing!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

You obviously have access to an internet connection, there are many online sites for weather including your local news stations sites.
I use Desktop weather myself (from the Weather Channel). I don't have cable TV and we can't get a good antenna reception from the local station (metal roof blocks it I think) so I feel that we need that on our computers. Plus I like looking at weather stuff! Just some of it I want to stay far away from me...like bad thunderstorms and hail and tornadoes and hurricanes!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ I've heard they're actually well insulated, but I have to wonder. What does hail sound like on a metal roof?

Originally Posted by white cat lover

I hate tornados....I totally freak out in severe weather!
I've learned to live with it.
Most storms in Oklahoma have high winds or even tornadoes, at the very least they're always dramatic. I don't worry unless it turns green outside or the clouds are violently rolling.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had storms go through here late last night. They said there were tornadoes just to the south of us, but luckily that didn't head our way.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The worst storms went through south and east of me last night. We just got much needed rain.
Some pics from a local TV station website -
http://www.abc25.com/dsp_story.cfm?storyid=3610

These were yesterday and I'm sure more will be posted today of the damage.

Originally Posted by strange_wings

I don't worry unless it turns green outside or the clouds are violently rolling.
I know that green color. Saw it near Terre Haute about 20 years ago.
Found out later we just missed being in a tornado because we had to stop and change a flat tire!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A tornado hit Napanee Indiana last night which is right next to Elkhart which is where I live. Also there was some nasty weather in Southern Michigan which is just north of Elkhart. All Elkhart got was some heavy rain. I've noticed that all the severe weather that comes this way follows the same path almost every time. Elkhart hardley ever gets hit.