Medium Regular Tea, Black Please

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thursday, October 18, 2007
And all of this for the want of a Tea.

Soooo, I woke up early today to get a lot of work done at school. As I was driving to school I commented on how heavy traffic was. I got of the turnpike and in a split second I chose between getting my morning tea at Dunkin' Donuts or Irving (Blue Canoe). I chose DD.

I pull in to the drive in thinking "wow, it's really busy today." But was ok waiting in line because I had time, it was only 6:41. It took forever to get through the drive through. I finally ordered my regular order: "medium regular tea black please" and they repeat "medium regular HOT tea black". I drive up and they try to give me two cappuccinos, "4.96 please". I said, "Oh no, I ordered a medium regular tea black, 1.81".

They didn't even have it prepared, so I waited, didn't take too long. I got my tea and went to work. I get to work and take the lid off to get rid of the tea bag ( I hate strong tea). My tea had CREAM in it!!!!!

I had time, so I went back to DD and went INSIDE this time. I asked the lady behind the counter to please correct the drive through's mistake: I ordered a "medium regular tea, black - NO cream".

She apologized and then got me tea. I pulled the little tabby up and it was black so I left.

I got to school and opened it up to take the tea bag out.......IT WAS COFFEE, BLACK.

Oh my gosh!!! It's about 7:15 now and I am bound and determined to get my tea. I drive back THROUGH construction to get to a really busy DD.........

I asked to speak with the manager on duty. I (as politely as I could) asked "I've been here three times in the past hour, could I please have a medium regular tea, black. It's been wrong twice. And I need a refund."

I got my tea and I got my refund. But I had to go back through construction to get to school AND I ended up behind the buses.

So in summary, I didn't finally get to school until 7:50... School started at 8am.

I am not sure if I want to go back there again.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
damn. I woulda been SUPER upset
. I woudnt have been as nice as you either,lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you know, I may have to start doing that. It's just a real pain because I'm no where near a fountain, and if I brought my own water I'd still have to go into the building to heat it up.

I'm in a portable.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Tea with cream in it?
Do most people have it like that?

I love my tea strong with just a splash of milk in, but skimmed milk
me too

Can i reccomend getting a flask and making your own tea and bring it from Home!!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like my tea with half & half in it except for green tea of course

I find that adding half & half (or milk of some sort) takes the bitter aftertaste away.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to add 1/2 and 1/2 to tea when I go to a restaurant. At home I never use it! But I get Biglows flavor teas and rarely drink plain black tea anymore. I do carry 2-3 different packets in my pocketbook just in case.

I'd start ordering hot water and make your own tea

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is one of those situations that if you want it done right...

I have one of those thermos mugs that I use every morning. I drink Harrod's Earl Grey with a spoonful of local honey and don't like variations.

This is the one I have: http://www.amazon.com/Nissan-14-Ounc...361612-9318843. I bought it on sale and you can close it up and throw it in your bag until you want it - it won't leak.

Really, bring your own and avoid the frustration! We must have our tea!

p.s. Put hot water in it to warm it up while you are boiling the water for the tea, and the tea will stay piping hot for hours.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate ordering tea in the US. Americans just don't know how to do tea!!! If you ask for a white tea, you get that particular sort of tea leaves rather than "black tea with milk". If you ask for black tea with milk, they rarely have milk, just whitener (BLEUUUUCH!!). And the majority of the time, you get a cup of hot water and given a tea bag! The hot water needs to be poured over the tea bag so it properly infuses. Even in more fancy places they still do that! Give you a cup of hot water (or if they're really fancy, a POT of hot water) then allow you to select your tea bag from a wooden box they present to you. Pfft.

If I go out somewhere and pay more than $2 for tea, I expect it to be loose leaf tea in a pot, and be given real milk.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't honestly think of anything more disgusting than tea with cream in it, is that an American thing?

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe an electric kettle is the way to go!

i love hearing your tea stories. I didn't know there were that many ways to take tea!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

I like my tea with half & half in it except for green tea of course

I find that adding half & half (or milk of some sort) takes the bitter aftertaste away.
That's something to remember. i don't like bitter and sometimes i get heart burn....

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! All that for a cup of tea?

You have more patience than I do. I would have just tossed out first order that was wrong and had a soft drink or water.

Perhaps carry some tea bags in your purse so that you can just get some hot water and make your own tea?