Extra income

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What are some creative ideas to earn some extra income? I am barely staying afloat right now and just need to earn a little bit more per month.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hm... if your crafty, you could make things that people would want to buy. Especially around Halloween, costumes that are like the latest hit movies can be money makers, especially Star Wars.
Then there's a pet sitting service. Since the holidays are coming up, people would want to leave their pets to someone that they can trust. I had a friend of mine say that I should start a pet therapy service since I'm apparently really good at giving pets massages. Even the cats come back for more!

And lastly, there's always a good yard sale of anything that you don't use anymore for a bit of quick cash. But, I would think of that as a last resort.

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by greenvillegal

What are some creative ideas to earn some extra income? I am barely staying afloat right now and just need to earn a little bit more per month.
You can use the Internet to make a nice income. If you run a website or blog and got some visitors try to use Advertising.com

kitkat5505

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you have a blog you can make money with paid advertisements. I make at least $600/month with payperpost.com. I also use payu2blog.com for another $50-100/month.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitkat5505

If you have a blog you can make money with paid advertisements. I make at least $600/month with payperpost.com. I also use payu2blog.com for another $50-100/month.
Wow, are you serious? $600 a month!?!?

People have to click on your blog though right? What makes them interested in it? How can I do that???

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of places are starting to advertise for seasonal help.
Office cleaning??? Did you try any temp firms???

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could deliver papers. You get a lot of money and only have to deliver on cetain days. For example the sunday paper.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

People have to click on your blog though right? What makes them interested in it? How can I do that???
I'm interested... maybe not interesting enough tho!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you thought about doing a Pampered Chef thing or Party Lie or Avon sales? You don't have to do parties, but you can do catalogue orders. Just set them out at your place of work (if they allow it).

I'm definitely interested in that $600 to blog. I can blog...name the topic and I'll blog it

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Have you thought about doing a Pampered Chef thing or Party Lie or Avon sales? You don't have to do parties, but you can do catalogue orders. Just set them out at your place of work (if they allow it).

I'm definitely interested in that $600 to blog. I can blog...name the topic and I'll blog it
With Pampered Chef, you have to put some money into it before you can really start. The starting kit when I started was $90, but I think it's over $100 now. You certainly get things that total to over $300, but if you're already hurting for cash, it might not be the BEST option.

I'm an "inactive" consultant for Pampered Chef, btw.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you dont need extra cash every month indefinitely, but just have a rough hump to get thru - then you can change your case exemptions on your w-9.
If I change to 9 exemptions from 1, then I get a couple hundred extra dollars.

I've also been making extra $ recently by selling on amazon and ebay.
It is stuff I dont care about and would get rid of eventually anyway.

THe seasonal help suggestion above was a good one too.
I've done it; best part - I got a good employee discount too.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

With Pampered Chef, you have to put some money into it before you can really start. The starting kit when I started was $90, but I think it's over $100 now. You certainly get things that total to over $300, but if you're already hurting for cash, it might not be the BEST option.

I'm an "inactive" consultant for Pampered Chef, btw.
I forgot about that! I think Party Lite is the only one that gives a kit for free.

$90?! A friend of ours started her PC thing last Fall and only paid $75 for the start up kit. Maybe it depends on who or where you sign up through.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I forgot about that! I think Party Lite is the only one that gives a kit for free.

$90?! A friend of ours started her PC thing last Fall and only paid $75 for the start up kit. Maybe it depends on who or where you sign up through.
Could also depend on the season and what products are in the starting kit. *shrug* I paid that in Spring of 2006.

I LOVE Pampered Chef, but I'm not motivated enough to be a great salesperson. I'm pretty much giving up on it.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ConsumerKitty

You could work as a Nutro demonstrator on Saturdays and pick your own hours. You can work Sundays too if you want. The shifts are four or five hours-your choice. The pay is about $12.50/hr!

http://www.nutroproducts.com/demo.html
I'm going to have to check into that. I'm going back to school after we move and will need a part-time gig.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ConsumerKitty

You could work as a Nutro demonstrator on Saturdays and pick your own hours. You can work Sundays too if you want. The shifts are four or five hours-your choice. The pay is about $12.50/hr!

http://www.nutroproducts.com/demo.html
Dang! I wish they had that for Chicken Soup, I'd make a killing

I've been thinking about delivering papers, but it's hard for me to get up in the morning as is and I'm not sure I could justify the extra gas and wear and tear on my car.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Come up with interesting content.

(Hey, nobody said it would be easy!)